Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Wow - that's a strong rebuttal from YETI.

a - hope is true
    b - if it is true, shame on the NRA
    c - if YETI is lying, they are done as a company in the outdoor community
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    Wow - that's a strong rebuttal from YETI.

a - hope is true
    b - if it is true, shame on the NRA
    c - if YETI is lying, they are done as a company in the outdoor community

Yeti decided to end things with the NRA a day after one of the (supposedly) biggest anti- gun/NRA/anything to do with money invested in firearms/ rallies.

What hurt Yeti was the fact that they didn't give a reason WHY they are cutting ties with programs they were involved in. I mean they did now, but that response should have accompanied their actions a couple of days ago.

You have to ask yourself.

Why now? why at peak of the largest political "attack" the NRA has ever seen?
    Why didn't they do this at the beginning of the year like many companies do when it comes to changes?
    How come they couldn't wait TWO days to cut ties and give a reason to do so at the same time?

Now that response comes off as damage control and makes the company look stupid from both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    You better watch your mouth if you’re gonna be his new neighbor!
    Katie has my back

5. Banned
    Well if snopes says so

6. Banned
    Lol Yeti said so today.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdutton View Post
    They probably stopped giving them free coolers to auction of at fundraisers, which translates to the public that they do not support them. Hell this post alone has several commenting that they would never buy one. YETI has had a flood of copy cats over the past couple of years that have no doubt cut into their bottom line. I'm going to withhold judgement until YETI makes a public statement.
    HMMMM...

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    Part of the NRA M.O. is to keep the base stirred up to keep their appeals for money seem important. They took a financial hit on the Parkland thing and are trying to protect their fund raising turf. I'm no longer a NRA member but I bet they used this whole fake news YETI thing to try to raise funds.

Reads as if the NRA™ did raise some funds, at least 8 new memberships just from this thread.. One of these every day for 3 years straight.

9. Banned
    There are a lot of Bigfoot fans out there and they are believe in myths.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JWR075 View Post
    Yeti's response reads more like damage control to keep their base.
    bingo ....the BBC ban was hurting them ...notice the word ..hunters ...the 2nd ain't about hunting dumazzs

11. Member
    The second amendment (which the NRA attempts to keep through lobbying ect ) doesn't have a thing to do with conservation, management of wildlife resources, outdoors, hunting, fishing, habitat restoration blah blah blah blah..................it was put in the constitution after the war of independence and written to protect the citizens from an authoritarian government that may gain too much control over a state or its citizens.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the
    security
    of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atvalaska View Post
    bingo ....the BBC ban was hurting them ...notice the word ..hunters ...the 2nd ain't about hunting dumazzs
    The word "Hunters" is what the NRA FOUNDATION used as well in their statement. The FOUNDATION is not the group focused on protecting the 2A. The NRA itself does that. Read the statement from the "EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF THE UNITED SPORTSMAN OF FLORIDA" There is ZERO, ZILCH, NOTTA, word in his statement regarding the 2A.

Why is it ok for them to use the word "HUNTERS" but not ok for YETI?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    This boycott has been just so much fun; but, alas, nothing lasts forever.

We should all do this again sometime!
    Really sucks when facts get in the way. All these knee jerk reactions is going to cause a bunch of torn ACLs.

14. Member
    Yeti's latest response is nothing but damage control. Its too late for that.
    I am sure RTIC will profit from Yeti's decision and true reason for its NRA departure.
    As I have stated before, not all gun owners are NRA members, but a pull away from the NRA is taken as siding with gun control.
    May not be a big deal for an airline. For a company with products that are specific to outdoorsmen, its business suicide.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    Part of the NRA M.O. is to keep the base stirred up to keep their appeals for money seem important. They took a financial hit on the Parkland thing and are trying to protect their fund raising turf. I'm no longer a NRA member but I bet they used this whole fake news YETI thing to try to raise funds.
    Financial hit?? Their membership has skyrocketed since the Parkland shooting and so has gun sales.

Google searches did see an 80 percent increase in searches for “How to join the NRA,”
    With that said, myself, wife and family have all joined the NRA. So you can add $640.00 to that financial loss.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Yeti probably needed to make a team just to deal with the emails, Yeti probably didn't even see this coming and got hit on a weekend.

Even if a major company does not work the the NRA and backs the 2nd Amendment I would say this is still a win.
    Yeti also has a youtube channel dedicated to using firearms for hunting, they are not cheap videos either...

If Ranger boats did not do business with the NRA would you blow up your boats?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    actually sounds like the NRA Foundation got butthurt over not getting freebies (or close to it) anymore and might have to pay a little bit.
    Then they don't tell the whole story to "rally the gullible troups"
    Actually it sounds like Yeti doing damage control because they were called out for their actions and their core base consumers lived their feelings on the subject. Oh well I hope they reap what they have sown.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    Yeti's latest response is nothing but damage control. Its too late for that.
    I am sure RTIC will profit from Yeti's decision and true reason for its NRA departure.
    As I have stated before, not all gun owners are NRA members, but a pull away from the NRA is taken as siding with gun control.
    May not be a big deal for an airline. For a company with products that are specific to outdoorsmen, its business suicide.
    Funny thing is Rtic isn’t listed as an Industry Supporter either. So all the people who say they are switching to Rtic are hypocrites. And to say not all gun owners are NRA members is an understatement. Approximately 94% aren’t. I can assure you Yeti knew exactly what they were doing.

20. Member
    Why would you wanna own one of these coolers anyway? Ridiculously over priced. My Coleman keeps ice for 3 days and didn't cost me a house payment.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast