old trails / tracks won’t delete

I have e always deleted my tracks / trails after fishing. For some reason I have some that still show up as faded blue dots. My trails / tracks usually show as solid red lines. How do I get rid of the faded blue dot trails?

2. Member
    Great question, hope somebody has an answer.

3. Member
    It’s driving me crazy. Especially in my high traffic areas

Do you have any saved Tracks?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    I’m not sure. Is there a way to look at just saved tracks? I don’t want to page through 800 waypoints. It would take forever.

6. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kyfisherman1 View Post
    I don’t want to page through 800 waypoints. It would take forever.
    Sort the list of nav items by icon or export your waypoints and load them into Humminbird PC and see what you have.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

I’m not sure. Is there a way to look at just saved tracks? I don’t want to page through 800 waypoints. It would take forever.
    The only way to know is look through all the waypoint library either on the unit or on HumminbirdPC.

I have some "ghost tracks". Just a few minutes ago, I Exported my waypoint library and did a Format Nav Directories. The ghost tracks were gone. I reloaded the data and got the ghost tracks back.

They may be parts of other tracks not associated with ones I intentionally saved and I believe that may be because I did not Delete Current Track before I had the unit do the track I wanted to save.
    Current Track is the same one from the last time a track was either saved or deleted. It can be at multiple locations and will keep on adding to Current Track until Delete Current Track is done.
    I will have to go through all of my Saved Tracks and change them back to solid lines since they went back to the default light grey dots when I reloaded them.
    If the "ghost tracks" do not change to solid lines, then I have no clue how to get rid of them.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Banned
    Saved tracks for sure. Had it happen to me last week. I had to use the HB app on computer to delete them. Formatting or resetting the unit did not fix the issues.

Can you change the color to clear or the same blue as the lake?
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

10. Member
    Formatting Nav worked for me. I don't remember saving a track recently but fat fingers do funny things. I'll be deleting my current track at the end of each day from now on and making sure I start fresh anytime I need to create a track to save. Thanks, Wayne.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kzoofisher View Post
    Formatting Nav worked for me. I don't remember saving a track recently but fat fingers do funny things. I'll be deleting my current track at the end of each day from now on and making sure I start fresh anytime I need to create a track to save. Thanks, Wayne.
    How do I “format my NAV” ?

12. Member
    How do I “format my NAV” ?
    First and most important, you will lose all your waypoints if you don't have them backed up to a separate SD card. The only way I know to do that is tedious if you've never done it before. You go to waypoints, options, export and then select all your waypoints and export them to the SD card. Someone smarter than me can tell you if there is a shortcut. I always copy the waypoints to a computer just to be sure I saved them on the card. I would be very sad if I lost all my waypoints. To be honest, one time I was very sad. In the future you can transfer waypoints after every trip and it isn't so time consuming. I keep the card in the same container as my LM card and ZLC on the boat.

Next step. Go to Set Up, scroll down to Format Nav Directories and press the right arrow. It will ask if you're sure you want to do this because of the waypoint issue. Toggle YES and your screen will do the blinky stuff you see when you load an update.

Put your SD card in and reload all your waypoints and tracks when it prompts you to upload nav data.

13. Member
    Scroll down to select all in export and you’ll get everything at once.

14. Banned
    Formatting NAV might work but if the tracks were saved on the SD card when you upload them back to the unit the track will come back. I had to remove them from the SD card and format NAV. If you don't you might be going in circles.

Quote Originally Posted by UglyBug View Post
    Formatting NAV might work but if the tracks were saved on the SD card when you upload them back to the unit the track will come back. I had to remove them from the SD card and format NAV. If you don't you might be going in circles.
    Yes, that is what I did to see where the ghost tracks were. Tomorrow I am going through all my tracks and see which one or more has the segments I don't want. Was doing the fishing thing today.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

OK, I got rid of my "ghost tracks". I had a series of saved tracks that were Google Earth Paths converted to Tracks that I created to have a shoreline for a lake that had no map. Just needed an outline for my waypoints. Since that was done, I had uploaded a lot of recordings to Navionics Sonar Charts and they created the lake along with HD contours, so I did not need those tracks.
    One of them had the ghost tracks attached.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    OK, I got rid of my "ghost tracks". I had a series of saved tracks that were Google Earth Paths converted to Tracks that I created to have a shoreline for a lake that had no map. Just needed an outline for my waypoints. Since that was done, I had uploaded a lot of recordings to Navionics Sonar Charts and they created the lake along with HD contours, so I did not need those tracks.
    One of them had the ghost tracks attached.
    So........what do you recommend I do to get rid of mine? Would it be easiest to just toggle through the pages of existing waypoints until i get to what I assume will be saved tracks and then delete those?

So........what do you recommend I do to get rid of mine? Would it be easiest to just toggle through the pages of existing waypoints until i get to what I assume will be saved tracks and then delete those?
    Yes, that is what I did. I just started with that one group of tracks and when I checked the ghost tracks location, they were gone.

Tracks are easy to locate, they have the icon with the S looking track.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

19. Member
    Thanks for all the great feedback. I'll work on things this weekend and report back.