How to do hard reset on carbon 9

Still having trouble with my carbon 9 to see my totalscan transducer. In setting under installation i don't have the totalscan as an option to select. Thinking a hard reset is due.

2. Member
    Have you scrolled all the way down? There are a lot of choices.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    Which Channel does your TS show up on?

4. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    I just watched an excellent video that demonstrates how to set up the total scan on the carbon. If the "SONAR" plug on the carbon unit is not used (meaning you don't have a regular ducer pugged into it and the total scan is plugged into the black connector) then select the Channel 2 in the drop down at the top if the INSTALLATION menu. You will notice that channel 2 is grayed out and it says total scan M/H under it.

The blue connector on the back of the carbon unit is channel 1 and the black connector (total scan) is channel 2
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

5. Member
    You are correct allyfish i saw that vid also,apparently the problem is that i still use an lss2 box for my rear scanning. The box keeps me in legacy mode maybe,and doesn't allow me to veiw ch 2. Once i disconnected the etnet from carbon i could viee ch 2. I have a 3d mod and transducer to replace the lss2 and module box.

6. Member
    The SS is on its own channel so to speak through Ethernet. Channel 1 and 2 is for 2D Sonar only

7. Member
    I am using the carbon 9 on the bow directly to the totalscan

8. Member
    Yes but you don't have 2 channel sonar with the totalscan. You have 2 frequencies in one transducer 83/200 not the same as 2 channels

9. Member
    Lowrance calls the sonar input channel 1 and the totalscan input channel 2 from their YouTube video I watched

10. Member
    Ok you are correct on Channel 2 as that has 9 pin connector. But it is still for Sonar as the 9pin is for SS the software move the sonar to the correct place. Have you setup Live network sonar. Since your LSS2 is on the Ethernet you should be able to take both units out of legacy mode by setting both units to multi source, push the legacy mode turn each unit off for 30 sec turn both back on and then set your bow unit sonar to local, set this depth and temp to this unit Name your sources Bow and helm and also name the transducer on channel one and 2 it will help in setting up with less confusion. It will then work. Have internal and Network sonar on both unit. The last step go to sonar screen and SS screen and pick the source you want to use on both units. You may have to reset Temp sources on the source list under Network as depending your setup it sometimes gets lost in the setup. This system is really great but unfortunately if it does not get set up correctly issues abound.

11. Member
    Thanks for the help,the good thing about having issues is it really makes you dig into the settings and other resources...time to PASS THE KNOWLEDGE ON! THANKS AGAIN

12. Member
    This is why every boat owner should install their own Lowrance equipment just as you said its how you learn.

13. Member
    If a transducer is connected to the original StructureScan box or the StructureScan HD box it's not possible to get the system out of legacy mode. I've been told the boxes can be used as Ethernet hubs without transducers connected in the new sonar networking scheme, but I've not verified this myself.

14. Member
    I will pull the transducer out of my lss2 box and give it at try scurius

15. Member
    here is the video:

2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

16. Member
    The Whole series of lowrance hds carbon vids are must see!

17. Member
    Troubleshooting I can’t display both connected transducers on the screen at the same time – If there are any HDS Carbons or StructureScan 3D modules, that are not running version 1.5 software, dual sonar support will be disabled and the network will revert to “legacy sonar mode”. Legacy Sonar mode is where only one sonar source can be active at one time when Network Sonar is enabled. – If there are any HDS Gen3’s or SonarHubs, that are not running version 4.5 software (HDS Gen3) or version 5.0 software (SonarHub), the network will revert to “legacy sonar mode”. – Any HDS Gen1, HDS Gen2, HDS Gen2 Touch, Mercury VesselView4/7, LSS-1 or LSS-HD connected to the Ethernet network, will cause the sonar to revert, to run in legacy mode and the HDS Carbon will not be able to simultaneously display Dual transducers. – Please refer to the following page for instructions how to exit legacy mode.

[PDF] - Trustworthy Site

This site is safe with a low security risk.

HDS Carbon 56.6.45 Release Notes - Lowrance
    Last edited by Ed R; 04-27-2018 at 09:03 PM.
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

18. Member
    Hey Ed...thanks for posting that link to the software release notes. Very good info right there that I will use and now understand better. I admit the update confused the hell out of me. AND it did mess up my downscan and sidescan ability to automatically track the bottom in AUTO mode.
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

19. Member
    awesome points