2007 175 Vmax HPDI runs but no throttle

Starts & runs fine at idle, but when you tromp on the hot foot pedal nothing? This is the 3rd fuel pump that was put on last September. Could it be an adjustment outa whack or did it shit the bed again? I did adjust the hot foot pedal on the mounting plate back a little but the manufacturer says they’re adjustable on the plate with out having to adjust the throttle cable. This is getting very frustrating with this Yamaha that people say it’s very reliable!
    "Bet on a Vet, You Both Win"

2021 Ranger RB190
    Mercury 115 Pro XS

2. Member
    Does it take throttle and rev up out of gear? Have you checked to see if the throttle cable is moving the throttle plates?
    Is the TPS plugged in?
    If the pump is bad again, there has to be something else that is causing them to fail than just them being bad pumps.

3. Member
    Which pump is failing?

4. Member
    I had this happen once. There is a little steel plate on the throttle cable that attaches to the motor. It slipped off and wasn't opening throttle on the motor. A zip tie around the steel plate to hold it down solved my problem. Check this first.

Had My Son push the pedal up & down & checked the linkage from the hot foot back to the motor & butterflies. Everything moved as it should've. As I was looking around the linkages I noticed a 2 piece gray mating connector was apart. Apparently the TPS connector some how came apart? Still don't know how I suspect that when it was in the shop last maybe they used some computer connections on it & didn't press it together tight enough? I pushed them back together & made sure they "snapped" in real tight so it wouldn't come apart again. Started it up & after a few minutes of warm up time had My Son exercise the pedal & low & behold it runs up to full RPM & down repeatable. So the Ranger is back in business. Thanks to all for weighing in on the situation.
    Tite Lines 2018
    "Bet on a Vet, You Both Win"

2021 Ranger RB190
    Mercury 115 Pro XS

6. Member
    I did that on a Merc EFI once after setting the TPS. Forgot to plug it back in. But since I asked about the TPS connector being plugged in, I win.