Helix 10 SI transducer placement G1

Hi Everyone,

I recently bought a close out model of the Helix 10 SI for my console and want to see what my mounting options are.
    Im mounting on a 2005 Nitro NX882 and have the standard transducer that comes with the unit. If I need to share more information just let me know. This is my first time
    mounting a unit as well so any first time tips are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    MM

First thing is for your hull, you should be using a shoot-thru 2D transducer for depth/2D sonar.

Then you can attach the SI transducer above the bottom of the hull to protect it from possible impact damage.
    Look through all the installation photos for each boat brand here to see how others are done:
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=172972
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thank you for the reply.

I looked through all of the photos, still not sure where I want to put it. I’m for sure going to get the shoot through transducer though. Everyone seems to mount differently and there are not a lot of pictures for the transducer mount so still battling with what is best.

The number one thing to allow for is a clear "view" left and right of the transducer. Side Imaging "sees" from the water's surface to past vertical under the transducer on both sides.

Next is to provide adequate power so the "computer" can operate properly. That excludes any connections involving your boat's wiring harness.

The assembled transducer with mount looks like this:

https://www.humminbird.com/Products/XHS-9-HDSI-180-T/

Some choose the Transducer Shield and Saver TM-HDsi mount for a jackplate attachment either on the side or under it on a hole shot plate.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL