Thread: Macgyver

Macgyver

Just watched tonight's episode and came to the realization that this is the exact same badly acted tv show that's been around forever. The faces change but it's definitely the same turd. One thing that does stand out is the 'forced diversity' aspect of it, which is pretty much all of tv these days ... all the ethnic groups are represented, women in charge and all of that, fair enough, but Macgyver goes the extra step to have a midget woman as a director of operations type ... if that aint covering your bases than nothing is ...

The point is all of these shows just flat out suck ... no effort at all. You could have a good show that just happens to have midgets and different ethnicities represented, but they just rehash the same shit over and over and over with a few tweaks to keep it current and inoffensive to as many people as possible, except those who dislike having their intelligence insulted by this crap.

Oh well, it all can't be Masterpiece Theater now, can it ?
    Ranting incoherently

They're little people dude...not midgets..and Tyrion Lanaster is the baddest of them all!

3. Member
    Being height disadvantaged is no reason to call someone a midget. Now a dwarf, that’s another thing. You can toss them.

4. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Yep, the show is def a turd but not for all the reasons you stated. Horrible plots, crazy things he does that would never really work, and bad actors,,,yes. Wife loves it,,,time I spend at the reloading bench.

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

Go back and watch Andy Griffith. That’ll make you feel better.
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    Just watched tonight's episode and came to the realization that this is the exact same badly acted tv show that's been around forever. The faces change but it's definitely the same turd. One thing that does stand out is the 'forced diversity' aspect of it, which is pretty much all of tv these days ... all the ethnic groups are represented, women in charge and all of that, fair enough, but Macgyver goes the extra step to have a midget woman as a director of operations type ... if that aint covering your bases than nothing is ...

The point is all of these shows just flat out suck ... no effort at all. You could have a good show that just happens to have midgets and different ethnicities represented, but they just rehash the same shit over and over and over with a few tweaks to keep it current and inoffensive to as many people as possible, except those who dislike having their intelligence insulted by this crap.

Oh well, it all can't be Masterpiece Theater now, can it ?
    Very well said Mr. Rat...The very reason I have never watched a single episode..Nor Lethal Weapon...No Will and Grace..No Scorpion and exactly 1 Hawaii 5-0...I'd Rather watch The Hunt for Red October for the 50th time or Lawrence Welk...

7. robdy72
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblue1122 View Post
    Very well said Mr. Rat...The very reason I have never watched a single episode..Nor Lethal Weapon...No Will and Grace..No Scorpion and exactly 1 Hawaii 5-0...I'd Rather watch The Hunt for Red October for the 50th time or Lawrence Welk...
    Lawrence Welk, damn that's the worst I have ever seen.

Very easy to watch compared to most of todays programs