Question BASS CAT TRAILER INFO

Hey guys, I have a 93 Bass Cat Pantera Classic and the trailer board bunks need to be replaced, I think somone put the wrong size boards on it. Does anyone know what size trailer board bunks need to be on this trailer???

2. Member
    Its a 19ft boat!

3. Member
    It has been discussed and I personally think it is worth the $ to just order a set from. BCB
    they are tapered.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

4. Member
    Im trying to get my boat on the water as soon as possible and it is 6-8weeks for bass cat to ship it. Id rather do it myself if i could just find the the size out. but i appreciate the respose Jet!!

5. Member
    Are the ones you have sitting on a chine? Or are they laying flat? When I put my boat on the lift BCB said the size and number were not an issue ( I have 2 bigger boards) only that they arent hitting a chine. Of course that’s not a trailer but close to the same.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

Quote Originally Posted by Jetboy View Post
    It has been discussed and I personally think it is worth the $ to just order a set from. BCB
    they are tapered.

^^^^^^^^^this
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Cant you duplicate the old ones?

8. Member
    It's funny this topic comes up. I spoke with Alan in parts yesterday (who basscat is very lucky to have btw) and he made the suggestion to make the bunks myself and save serious coin. After thinking about it I decided to try it. I have the carpet on order from them now. Separately, I also am having them make me up new steel 90 degree bunk connector brackets as mine are rusted badly. Going to have a welder chop off the current ones and then replace. Then affix the new bunk boards.

Bunks are expensive to buy due to freight and size. Allan and anyone inside Bass Cat would make them from treated material available in most areas. Stainless lag bolts and washers are harder to find and sometimes Fastenal has them, while Home Depot and Lowe’s are more of a 50/50 on stainless bolts.

That being said there’s another way to view this. Some people don’t have access to tools, saws, stainless stapler, contact cement, and a place to do it all handy. Gathering up the boards, carpeting, lag bolts, carpet, glue and making time to do it is a value one must weigh out. Bass Cat also spends money on a reasonably high quality treated bunk board.

Lots of people weigh their time and it’s value to buy them and one they are willing to spend their cash on. To them it makes sense to just accept the shipping cost, bite the bullet and buy the bunks complete. The need to do this is another reason that Bass Cat continues to search for a bunk cover replacement, or full bunk replacement. They want to eliminate transportation of invasive species larvae in carpet, water entrapment against the hull by carpeting, rust to trailer bunk stanchions and continue need to replace for various reasons.

10. Member
    Hey guys, i appreciate all the input. my current boards are 2x6's and it looks like they could be too big for the boat because my middle 2x6's have worn out spots from the boat rubbing the corners of it. I was just curious if i could get the dimensions of the exact boards put on from the factory? are they all 2x6's or are they 2x4's? or both? its a 1993 Pantera Classic.

11. Member
    Don't know what part of Texas your at. Lake fork boat carpet will do them while you fish. New boards,carpet and hardware. Picks up your trailer at the ramp and returns it all done. 300-350. Includes inside fender wood and carpet. He did my champ and I will use him for the cat when it is time. Good luck JD
    2020 BCB Lynx 300 pro xs 4s
    2013 BCB Puma 250 pro xs
    WPS

12. Bobby8
    Take a road trip the factory and pick them up. Your not that far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby8 View Post
    Take a road trip the factory and pick them up. Your not that far away.
    Well...that depends...it’s a 22 hour round trip for me with zero traffic...
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

14. Member
    Search the Bass Cat owners board, many have posted how to cut the boards the way they do at the factory.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by adchunts View Post
    Well...that depends...it’s a 22 hour round trip for me with zero traffic...
    Make a vacation trip out of it. The Mountain Home area is absolutely beautiful with plenty of neat places to stay on, or near the water, and the fishing is world class. I'll be ordering mine, and making the 6 hour drive to pick them up.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"