When Does Sam's Club Put Their Duracell AGMs on Sale or AGM Suggestions?

I have Optima Blue tops in the RT.....but now the little Cherokee is going to need a couple of batteries and I like the Optimas but I think they moved the factory to Mexico. So, I am going to look at the AGMs at Sam's for it I believe. Does anybody know when they put them on sale? Thanks. Also, I am definitely getting the wet acid batteries out of the metal boat ...... But I am open to suggestions of another reasonable priced alternative. Thanks.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

The last two years it's been something like late Feb through mid-March. That's the only time of year I'm aware of that they've been on sale.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

3. Member
    They were on sale very recently. I do not know if they are currently.

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    They were on sale in December 2016, then March of this year. Probably going to be a while.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Member
    They went off sale two or three weeks ago. I think they were 20.00 off each?

Missed it by about 3 weeks - it`s over now

I believe Pep Boys has 25% off the Optimas going on now!
    Just can't leave well enough alone!!

98 Stratos 273 w/ 150 Faststrike

Batteries Plus has 15% off right now.
    Plus I got a $10 mail in rebate on a group 31 Duracell.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

9. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fastman151 View Post
    I believe Pep Boys has 25% off the Optimas going on now!
    That would lower the price from ridiculous to crazy. Those are overpriced at 50% off for TM use.
    nothing else matters.​

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    That would lower the price from ridiculous to crazy. Those are overpriced at 50% off for TM use.
    I will preface this by stating that you know a lot more than I do about motors and wiring and batteries. I only have my personal experience and not a lot of technical knowledge.....but the Optima batteries I have on the TM in the RT have been flawless for me. I got them on a considerable mark down sale but they were still expensive.

I fish a lot and fish 12 months a year. I probably average 4 days a week. They have never ran down on me and I have used them two days in a row without charging them. BUT to be honest II don't fish daylight to dark anymore. When I do charge them, they come back to full charge faster than any battery I have ever had. When I bought them, I did it because of the possibility of leaking acid into the aluminum boat and also the hassle of checking water all the time in the other batteries. I have been very happy with them and if the factory was still here and not in Mexico I might buy more. I don't want to argue or debate the batteries with you because I am sure you are right....but I have been very happy with them so far and have not had one complaint.... I have a Maxuum 80 and I have used the heck out of the TM and they have never quit... But your point about them being expensive is true.

They are expensive but they all are in this category....I wish I could find a reasonably priced sealed battery like the AGM for my aluminum Cherokee....if you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.

11. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    The Duracell AGM at Sams. Way better specs than the Optima at $180.

Quote Originally Posted by Panama View Post
    I will preface this by stating that you know a lot more than I do about motors and wiring and batteries. I only have my personal experience and not a lot of technical knowledge.....but the Optima batteries I have on the TM in the RT have been flawless for me. I got them on a considerable mark down sale but they were still expensive.

I fish a lot and fish 12 months a year. I probably average 4 days a week. They have never ran down on me and I have used them two days in a row without charging them. BUT to be honest II don't fish daylight to dark anymore. When I do charge them, they come back to full charge faster than any battery I have ever had. When I bought them, I did it because of the possibility of leaking acid into the aluminum boat and also the hassle of checking water all the time in the other batteries. I have been very happy with them and if the factory was still here and not in Mexico I might buy more. I don't want to argue or debate the batteries with you because I am sure you are right....but I have been very happy with them so far and have not had one complaint.... I have a Maxuum 80 and I have used the heck out of the TM and they have never quit... But your point about them being expensive is true.

They are expensive but they all are in this category....I wish I could find a reasonably priced sealed battery like the AGM for my aluminum Cherokee....if you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.
    nothing else matters.​

12. Member
    The only stat that matters for trolling motor batteries is reserve capacity. Optimas have some of the worst RC #s you can find.

Quote Originally Posted by squib View Post
    The only stat that matters for trolling motor batteries is reserve capacity. Optimas have some of the worst RC #s you can find.
    That always seems to be the rub with Optima batteries. It kind of worried me when I bought my current Saber FTD. It had 2 - D24M Optimas on the 24V Tour 82. They were installed and date stamped 3/2010. That was 8 years ago. They're still going, and have yet to leave me wanting more RC whether I fish 4 hours, or 8 hours. I liked them so much I bought a D31M Optima for my cranker. That was 4 years ago. Never lets me down on an all day trip.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

14. Member
    PLUS ADD $45 TO JOIN SAMS

15. Member
    Yeah it was last month. They had a limit of 3 and I bought 3 for a nice savings of $60!

Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    PLUS ADD $45 TO JOIN SAMS
    Worth it for tire, batteries, and fuel alone, though Sam's is awesome for a lot of stuff.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

17. Member
    Talk to a local small battery distributor, and ask if they sell blems. I got an odessey 33 series agm for $50 bucks. They said blems can just be returns, damaged in warehouse, etc. Mine even gives 1 year warranty on blems.

Sam's Club is having a one day sales event on Saturday May 12 only. All their Marine and Golf cart batteries will be $20 off the regular price, limit of 3 per membership. In addition there will be free install offered on a set of new tires purchased that day. This is in addition to $80 instant rebate on a set of 4 Goodyear, BFG, Pirelli tires and $70 instant rebate on Michelin. This includes the purchase of the Goodyear marathon and endurance trailer tires.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger519VS View Post
    Sam's Club is having a one day sales event on Saturday May 12 only. All their Marine and Golf cart batteries will be $20 off the regular price, limit of 3 per membership. In addition there will be free install offered on a set of new tires purchased that day. This is in addition to $80 instant rebate on a set of 4 Goodyear, BFG, Pirelli tires and $70 instant rebate on Michelin. This includes the purchase of the Goodyear marathon and endurance trailer tires.
    Thank you sir for that information. I marked it on my calendar on my phone....

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger519VS View Post
    Thanks again...went very early today and picked up two 31s and got the $40 discount. Moving the Optima batteries to the little Cherokee and the Duracell in the RT188. Should be fixed up for a while I hope.... Was going to buy them anyway and you saved me $40...thanks.