$50 to spend on paddle tail swim baits.

Fish both largemouth and smallmouth. Sometimes in the same lake. Shad/bluegill/perch/smelt forage
    What brand, what color, what size?
    Help.

Thanks
    Dave

2. Member
    Keitech match the hatch. The rage swimmers are also good but I prefer the keitech
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

Agreed on Keitech. I’d go with the 4.8 and 3.8 sizes. I also like the Owner weighted swim bait hooks. I think their CPS system helps. Hard to wrong with the bluegill flash color.

4. Member
    Keitech Swing Impact Fat or the BPS Speed Shad is good too if you can catch them on sale. The Keitech Easy Shiners are money too for a finesse swimbait.

5. Member
    I don't think you can beat the Keitechs
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

Keitech Fat. I've been fishing them quite a bit lately, the little 2.8 on a 1/8 oz head has been working real well for smallies, spots, largemouth and random stripers and walleye. I slow roll it close to the bottom. My favorite colors are Sight Flash and Rainbow Shad. When you're fishing that 2.8, you want a smaller hook, 1/0. Leaves more room for the tail kick. Use super glue to put them on the jigheads.

7. Member
    Reaction Innovations Little Dipper

I highly recommend you start with one of these. It's a 3.5" bait. This is my favorite swimbait out of all. It has killer action! I throw them year round and consistently get bit on it. They're inexpensive, you get 10 per pack, and they'll catch perch, bluegill, crappie, bass, stripers, etc... I've even caught a 10 pounder on this bait. All I do is rig it on a 1/4-3/8oz swimbait head, cast it out, and reel it in slowly. Make sure the swimbait head has a 2/0 or 3/0 hook.