Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletcha12 View Post
    I always fish with no one looking and still suck.
    ha ha ha, my fishing is about like my phone calls, they can monitor me all they want, i'll wear them down
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

2. Banned
    I wasn’t really ever a fan of his, until I saw some of his videos. I absolutely love how he is living life and the way he is helping people that get down like I tend to do. Seems like a great influence for the kids coming into the sport, hopefully they listen to him.

3. Banned
    I tell my son this all the time. 10000 hours!!!!!!! The drive has to come from within, not from strangers.

4. Member
    He may need to shut up,but I believe he is making a living while he is doing it! I am not and I doubt many on here are either! I like him. Don't think he is the very best fisherman,but he ain't shabby either!

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbie Schwartz View Post
    Ive not been exposed to college fishing but boy do the folks who do the high school fishing need to hear this video. I worry a tad that the emphasis on tournament fishing and all the jersey, sponsorship stuff versus just regular style fun fishing could turn some kids off to the sport.
    Yep dressing them all up in custom commercial covered clothing just like the Pro's with their total emphasis on tournament fishing also makes me wonder if the upcoming generation of Bass Fishermen will all be totally focused on tournament fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Yep dressing them all up in custom commercial covered clothing just like the Pro's with their total emphasis on tournament fishing also makes me wonder if the upcoming generation of Bass Fishermen will all be totally focused on tournament fishing?
    This is the same as every sport nowadays. How many kids do you see playing pick up baseball, football or basketball games anymore. Everything is in a game setting. Kids go to practice and play in games and it’s probably the only time they pick up a ball. With that said I do find it ironic this is coming from a guy who has been more successful selling product than winning tournaments. Don’t get me wrong I think Swindle is a great guy and great for bass fishing and he would kick my butt on the lake any day.

7. Member
    He talks the talk and walks the walk! I would love to hunt or fish with him. I bet your sides would hurt from laughing! Plus you would learn a thing or two.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

8. Member
    I dont always fish when no ones looking.... but when I do I lie about what I caught.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty Livewells View Post
    More words of wisdom from the G-man!
    I don't know about words of wisdom but there sure were a lot of words.

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    I dont always fish when no ones looking.... but when I do I lie about what I caught.
    You need to get yourself a GoPro and vlog it.

Does he do videos when no ones recording

12. Member
    Good ole southern boy with words of wisdom. He makes money from his videos as well.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by cneubass79 View Post
    This is the same as every sport nowadays. How many kids do you see playing pick up baseball, football or basketball games anymore. Everything is in a game setting. Kids go to practice and play in games and it’s probably the only time they pick up a ball. With that said I do find it ironic this is coming from a guy who has been more successful selling product than winning tournaments. Don’t get me wrong I think Swindle is a great guy and great for bass fishing and he would kick my butt on the lake any day.
    Yes you you sure got that right on what youth sports have become......I'm from the times where we used to play sandlot baseball,football and half court basketball for hours growing up always remember how much fun we had.....I also remember how much fun it was fishing in my youth and how much fun I've had fishing over the years that doesn't include tournaments hate to see Bass Fishing end up the same way as all the other youthful activities.

Nobody watches when I'm fishing, even the guy in the other end of the boat. And I like it like that.

16. Member
    These days most post for a self promoting selfie ised to be be for enjoyment.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

I could listen to him talk all day!!
    Just can't leave well enough alone!!

98 Stratos 273 w/ 150 Faststrike

18. Member
    I guess my fame-whoring days are over now.

I'm not a Swindle fan at all...but I did like the video, and agree completely.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RFeyoMN View Post
    I guess my fame-whoring days are over now.

I'm not a Swindle fan at all...but I did like the video, and agree completely.

Watch the YouTube Gerald Swindle “comedy hour” videos, it made me change my feelings about him and I’m working on changing my entire attitude. The first episode is kind of slow, but it gets real good in part 2 and all the other parts.

20. Member
    I read a story about him and his deceased brother in Bass Master magazine. Great read, and I have followed his career since that time.

Nice video with a good message too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12