Bass fishing in trout waters

Maybe some one could help. I'm working in Morganton and from out of state and bought a fishing license but didn't buy a trout stamp since i would not be targeting any trout, mostly bass fishing from shore. I was told the other day that i can't fish any trout waters without the stamp even if i were targeting bass and mostly have run out of shores to fish and was going to try some rivers. Is this true? I've looked online but can't find were this is stated. P.S. It sucks being 600 miles from my boat..

Thanks

That is correct.

3. Banned
    Not sure here in NC but in WV you had a have a trout stamp during certain times of year in certain rivers. It got could really complicated sometimes. On the other hand to trout streams in in NC are great fishing and I would prefer to catch the trout over the bass. I always release both of them but to me the bass is just a bonus up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Not sure here in NC but in WV you had a have a trout stamp during certain times of year in certain rivers. It got could really complicated sometimes. On the other hand to trout streams in in NC are great fishing and I would prefer to catch the trout over the bass. I always release both of them but to me the bass is just a bonus up there.
    I would rather catch trout from a stream than bass fish any day of the week. I release everything I catch also.

Game warden would never believe you. If you are fishing trout waters you better have a trout license.

6. Member
    A trout stamp it is then. Maybe even some trout fishing.. Thank you guys.

not far from several lakes ..tried lake James state park?, they have rentals. may be a good choice if you have weekdays off

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX
    Sole member of " THE FISHERMEN FOR LIFE" a fisherman that knows one can make the difference!!

8. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    I'm not sure what a trout stamp is in NC? Is that what the sportsman license is?

Checked it out, need a trout privilege license too, $13.00 for resident and non-resident.
    Special Trout Fishing (Resident) or (Nonresident)
    Needed to fish in Public Mountain Trout Waters. Includes trout fishing on game lands.
    $13
    Last edited by bassnman81; 04-21-2018 at 03:51 PM.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain,CT.
    2000 R-81 Ranger, 2015 175 Pro-XS
    Disabled American Veterans, Life Member
    Vietnam Veterans of America, Life Member
    An Khe Vietnam, 66-67