Ruger 10/22 takedown?

Anyone have this rifle? Am considering this rifle for plinking and squirrel hunting. Likes and dislikes?
    thanks, Mike

2. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    I do not own but have not heard one complaint on the gun. I likely will own one soon.

3. Member
    I had one of these when I was a kid great small caliber gun very reliable affordable to shoot and very accurate. I believe I owned it for about 10 years and sold it for what I paid for it. They hold there value if you take care of it. Pull the trigger. Literally

Quote Originally Posted by mikeSF View Post
    Anyone have this rifle? Am considering this rifle for plinking and squirrel hunting. Likes and dislikes?
    thanks, Mike
    I have one (yes, the takedown version) and Im very happy with it! Its has held a good zero over 3+ years being taken down many times, I keep it in the bag and when I get it out it's always still on target. Most of my shooting is less than 50 yards (usually 25ish) so take that for what it's worth to you. I believe one key to holding a zero is using good quality rings.

It has been very reliable, and cycles any type of ammo I have fed it. All stock except a titanium extractor that I only replaced because I quickly took it down without locking the action back, which broke the stock extrator... so dont do that haha.
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

A friend of mine has one and it was nice. I thought about getting one until I got my Henry. That thing is a blast to shoot and accurate as all get out, too!
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

6. Member
    I have an old wood stocked 10-22 that has had thousands of rounds through it. The older ones were built better. The newer ones have a plastic trigger guard assembly. There are a ton of aftermarket parts for these rifles. The takedown looks like a neat idea if you have a need for it, like backpacking or limited storage space.

7. Member
    I have one. It works.

I bought one and it’s great. I bought a scope and mounted it with quick detach rings It won’t fit in case with the scope on.
    Move got a couple other 10/22 in carbine and standardize wood stocks. Also.
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

9. Member
    I own the standard 10/22 and wish it was the takedown version. The takedown version is a breeze to clean. I can't think of any cons.

I have a couple 10/22's that are standard carbines. I'd probably just get the standard and add accessories as budget allows. Gun is incredibly customization, from barrels, stocks, triggers, and most everything in between.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere