Since the Cumberland flw

I’ve saw Atleast 30 boats headed there before daylight every morning this week. Looks like the Somerset/Burnside tourism commission is getting their wish trying to make it more like Guntersville for a fishing destination.

2. Member
    $ Well spent in their eyes.

The spinnerbait bite is the big draw I'd guess.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

3. Member
    Evidently they think so. A lot will probably be disappointed when coming from out of state & seeing just how tough it can be & they also may not like finding out there’s an 18” size limit on smallmouth & 15” on largemouth except when “ the best in the world” are in town.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Evidently they think so. A lot will probably be disappointed when coming from out of state & seeing just how tough it can be & they also may not like finding out there’s an 18” size limit on smallmouth & 15” on largemouth except when “ the best in the world” are in town.
    You think the bass fishermen showing up are wanting to keep them?

It was really busy today, and I seen a lot of white spinner baits, ever boat i was close too but 1 was throwing one,

I fished Cumberland Tuesday 4/17 and on the way back to the ramp I got to thinking about how few boats I saw. I figured there would be a lot of boats out but to my surprise I did not see it. In fact I tried to remember how many boats I saw that day and I think recall 1 striper boat, 4 bass boats and 1 jon boat in the 8.5 hours I was on the water. I unloaded at Pumpkin and fished Harmon and Difficulty. Now as for Green I drive buy it every morning going to work. Wed, Thur and Fri this week from Ramp 1 into the city limits of Campbellsville I have meet at least 15 or more boats total in the last 3 morning before I go to work and this is well before daylight. This morning (friday) I meet what looked like a train. It was 3 bass boats nose to tail headed to Green. I bet Green has been hammered this week.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    I fished Cumberland Tuesday 4/17 and on the way back to the ramp I got to thinking about how few boats I saw. I figured there would be a lot of boats out but to my surprise I did not see it. In fact I tried to remember how many boats I saw that day and I think recall 1 striper boat, 4 bass boats and 1 jon boat in the 8.5 hours I was on the water. I unloaded at Pumpkin and fished Harmon and Difficulty. Now as for Green I drive buy it every morning going to work. Wed, Thur and Fri this week from Ramp 1 into the city limits of Campbellsville I have meet at least 15 or more boats total in the last 3 morning before I go to work and this is well before daylight. This morning (friday) I meet what looked like a train. It was 3 bass boats nose to tail headed to Green. I bet Green has been hammered this week.
    You should have been there today plenty crowded!

As for Green...This morning 4/21 I counted 16 boats on the way to work. The Corner Stone gas station just outside Campbellsville was so crowded I could not park in the front. I had to park in the back where the semi parking lot is located. I ran into a BBC member and his grandson and spoke to them for a minute. He said there was 88 boats in the high school tournament. I overheard one person while in line to check out say there was a Renegade tournament plus two club tournaments so when you factor in that and the recreational fisherman there will easily be 150 or more boats. Then when you factor in the upper part has color that most/some will avoid the lake will fish smaller than normal. 150 boats would normally have about 8000 acres to fight over but it will be more like 6000 acres of fish-able water. That's way to crowded for me. In fact that is the reason why I choose the work schedule I have. I work every Saturday so I get to avoid the zoo. My off days are Sun, Mon and Tues. Sunday can still have a few boats on the water but Monday and Tuesday I can go about anywhere I want and have it to myself.
    Last edited by JR19; 04-21-2018 at 02:54 PM.

9. Member
    I didn’t see many Thur on Cumberland— fri I was first to park at burnside island— first in Pittman where I fished an hour— on my way out, I passed 15 boats; another 15-20 to the ramp; by noon — boats were parked back to the restrooms— don’t think I’ve ever seen it so crowded on a regular Friday.

There is a big high school tournament at Cumberland this weekend.

Everyone, myself included wanted to grow the sport we have our wish.

11. Member
    High school tournaments in Cumberland & Green too.

12. Member
    I read and follow the sport through websites, magazines etc. The high school and college tournament scenes definitely get their fair share of coverage. But I don't think I realized how huge it was until they started having 200+ boat high school events at Cumberland. And now I hear about them taking over all these other lakes. It's quite amazing. I could never complain about youth getting involved in the sport. In the end, I think it can only help. But those mega size tournaments sure put concentrated pressure on these lakes on certain days. Cumberland is the only lake I've seen that can swallow hundreds of boats and one can still feel like they can have their space. 8-10,000 acre lakes fill up pretty quickly.

13. Member
    I was on lake of the ozarks last weekend while the big bass bash was on over 1500 bass boats and 3200 fisherman were pre registered, you want to talk about crowded. I felt like the deli counter taking a number on every main lake point. Amazing to me that lake can swallow up that many boats.