Monmariner

Holes/plugs on a Fury 4

I put 4 large hole plugs in the Fury 4. That leaves 4 open. Should I have left the plugs out? How do I get them out? Triton 20XS 250 Pro xs.

2. Member
    General consensus is leave all holes open as start point on Fury 4 but every situation is different and no one can tell you if you should or shouldn’t remove them until you run your boat. That being said I have a very similar hull and motor and all holes open worked so well for me I never thought to try putting any in.

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    All holes open to start

4. Member
    Since you already have them in try it like that and if it needs more venting just pull them out one at a time.

5. Member
    They have been in for awhile but wonder if I'm better off without them. Not sure how to remove them.

6. Member
    Take a flat screw driver and pop then out. You might bend them but they will still work if you have to put them back in but just pull one at a time and test drive it. How many rpm's are you turning at break over now? Your looking for 3500 - 4000 rpms

7. Member
    Good hole shot but concerned about the "slow grind" at Erie. You know....the 3-4 foot waves where you don't want to blow out.

8. Member
    If you take them out it increases the chance of blowing out.