Ultrex with or without I Pilot Link?

Im looking to purchase an Ultrex but not sure if I want to spend the extra money for the LINK. I was told that the LINK is neat feature but not really necessary if you just bass fish (tournaments). Suggestions???

2. Member
    The Link is a good feature if you use the Humminbird depth finders. With it you are able to set tracks/trails and opens up more waypoint availability. There is $400.00 difference in the two trolling motors.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

3. Member
    I have 2 helix 9s. Just didnt know if id use the contour lines option.

4. Member
    If you don't have Lakemaster or Autochart coverage, then won't be able to use follow the contour.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    If you don't have Lakemaster or Autochart coverage, then won't be able to use follow the contour.
    As a convert to lakemaster from navionics, let me tell you - if the lakemaster maps have the coverage you need, the additional features are totally worth it. The ability to highlight different depths by different colors on the map is an awesome feature.

Even if you don't have a lakemaster card, you can record your sonar data and make your own maps for use with follow the contour.

I just put an ulterra on my new boat. Having two helix 10s on board, I opted to go with the link model. There are more hidden costs since now you will need a switch too, since you need to connect the trolling motor to the network too. So add on another $300 for the switch and another ethernet cable.

Then add the cost of link vs non-link. The cost adds up.

That said, I've never been on a boat that has it, so I have no frame of reference. But, being that I'm an IT nerd by day, and I like toys, I figured I'd use it. Even if I don't use it all the time, I imagine that those times I do use it will be spectacular. Im really looking forward to saying "keep me in 10FOW and follow the shoreline". Then I just cast at where the fish are. No worrying about working the motor, or staying on course, or drifting into a dock while dealing with a fish. I'm very excited to get out on the water. If only January would end (today is January 107th)...

6. Member
    so with lowrance products it is not needed and a waste of money?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lykins Tr21 View Post
    so with lowrance products it is not needed and a waste of money?
    Lowrance cannot talk to minn kota trolling motors.