Prop, Engine Height or Both?

I ran my new 19 TRX w/ a 225 Pro XS last night. WOT I was hit 68 mph @ 5100 rpms. Water pressure 24. There's not enough bite on the hole shot and it spins out right before getting on plane. I currently have one prop plug in the 24P Fury and experienced a similar result with 2 plugs. The rooster tail height is right at the cowling. Current engine height is about 3.25" below pad. Thoughts?
    Last edited by ckessenich; 04-20-2018 at 08:44 AM.

2. Member
    What is the PTP height?

3. Member
    PTP is approximately 3.25" below pad.

4. Member
    I'm running at 2.75" which increased the top speed considerably but I don't have a blowout problem.

5. Member
    Raise motor, until you start to lose speed, or safe water pressure, then lower it about 1/4".

6. Member
    You shouldn't have any plugs in the Fury.

7. Member
    Thanks to everyone who responded. I appreciate all the feedback. One of the things I've learned is that every boat, even similar Tritons aren't all the same when it comes to set-ups. After numerous tests by myself, then eventually back at the dealer, it was determined that the tach was faulty and the hot foot was only able to use 88% of the boats acceleration. So they hooked it up to the computer, went through 3 tachs to find one that read what the computer read, adusted the ot foot posistion, kept the same engine height & prop w/ one of the exhaust ports plugged and got it going 71.5 @ 5750 rpm and it had more in it before they ran out of water because of ice. I think it's important to note that I picked the boat up in MN in March. It was a real cold winter so it couldn't be water tested before I got it. Should have it back May 3rd, just prior to the opener on the 5th. Can't wait!

8. Member
    Thanks again to In Tune Marine in Richmond, MN for sending a driver 5 hrs east to come get my boat & bring it back upon completion of this work. I can’t say enough good things about everyone over there!