Thread: Missenewa

Missenewa

Does anyone know what the water conditions are at Missy right now and how its fishing. My partner and I will be in that area this weekend and thought about giving it a try. We've neither one been to that lake so any help would be great. Thanks guys
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

2. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I would imagine its fairly muddy for the most part with all the rain and precip they've had up there. Its about 2' above summer pool right now. I have fished it for many years. In the past few years its not been as good as in the past, but there are some good fish in that lake, both largemouth and some smallies. I've not been there yet this year, other than to drive over it to get to Sherm's Marine. Contact Joe Wright, Cubswin, here on the BBC. Joe lives very close to the lake. He probably can give you some better info.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

3. Member
    Your best bet is Geist. Bill is correct, Missy or Sally will be muddy. Not knowing the lake, your soonest trip would be better around the middle to last of May. Missy will humble even the people that know it WELL.

They are muddy, but not up. Been a good week without rain, and water temps will be in the 50’s. They are still pulling water at missy. I’d try frances slocum or Miami to launch. Pearson’s had a bunch of wood on it due to being high last week.

Fishing Sally Sunday, but Going north tomorrow.

5. Member
    Went over today and fished a little water was muddy and surface temp was about 46. It was not a very productive day on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by dsettlem View Post
    Went over today and fished a little water was muddy and surface temp was about 46. It was not a very productive day on the lake.
    Surprised surface temp wasn't higher, salamonie was 47 sunday morning. Hoping it gets up into the mid 50's by saturday since we have a tournament.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

7. Member
    Went to missy this past saturday and only stayed an hour if that tells u anything. But i appreciate everyones feedback from my original post.
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

When is Missy good...My boats at Sherms now getting some work done, when I pick it up since i'm down that way was going to go fish Missy for the first time. Only been to one place by me since I moved to Crown Point late last year.

1996 Ranger R70 1998 Mercury 115
    Helix 7, SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 GPS Sonar
    T-H Marine Hydro-wave 2
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    CMC Hydraulic Jack-plate

Quote Originally Posted by strids97 View Post
    When is Missy good...My boats at Sherms now getting some work done, when I pick it up since i'm down that way was going to go fish Missy for the first time. Only been to one place by me since I moved to Crown Point late last year.
    Crappie fishing is often good now, Bass is hit and miss all year. My best days are always during week.

Haven’t been there yet this year, but will go next week.

Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    Crappie fishing is often good now, Bass is hit and miss all year. My best days are always during week.

Haven’t been there yet this year, but will go next week.
    Great thanks Cubswin, let me know how you do, not sure if i'll be picking my boat up this weekend or next.

what are some other good lakes in this area or between Missy and Crown point area that have good bass fishing, and pan fish?

1996 Ranger R70 1998 Mercury 115
    Helix 7, SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 GPS Sonar
    T-H Marine Hydro-wave 2
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    CMC Hydraulic Jack-plate

Quote Originally Posted by strids97 View Post
    Great thanks Cubswin, let me know how you do, not sure if i'll be picking my boat up this weekend or next.

what are some other good lakes in this area or between Missy and Crown point area that have good bass fishing, and pan fish?
    sent you a pm
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere