Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Hate a thief. Glad they got him, and good on the man who reported him.

2. Member
    Talked to my friend again yesterday - he actually called the game warden and turned the thief in after hearing the theft reports directly leading to th guys arrest — agree with above, that I’ve been fishing here 30 years and have never had anything stolen. Thieves are really brave now adays

3. Member
    Do all these touring guys, be it FLW or BASS have that great of security on their vehicles. The guy that was robbed was Jeff Gustafsson from N.W. Ontario , Rainy River area.Guess the whole Canadian group travel along together.
    Thanks to the good ol boy who purchased these stolen articles to turn the thief in.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plowjock View Post
    Do all these touring guys, be it FLW or BASS have that great of security on their vehicles. The guy that was robbed was Jeff Gustafsson from N.W. Ontario , Rainy River area.Guess the whole Canadian group travel along together.
    Thanks to the good ol boy who purchased these stolen articles to turn the thief in.
    Jeff is from Kenora- Lake of the woods.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoCats83 View Post
    Typically the ramp that FLW took off at isn't that bad of an area. The guy had to have a pretty big pair on him to do what he did in what seemed to be broad daylight. There are usually alot of people walking around over there. Don't judge Lake Cumberland by this incident I feel pretty comfortable leaving my truck at any public ramp there.
    Ohhhh I agree ive also always thought the area was pretty safe. I go down there several times in the summer with friends and never have worried.

It does make you think though that you might want to be extra careful during events like this. A thief hears of the event and realizes there will be millions of dollars of whats basically untraceable gear in the parking lot. Figures what better time to go grabbing.

Also very lucky he wasn't real sharp to begin with. If he had taken the gear and sold it out of state or heck per piece on ebay he probably would never have been caught. Hopefully everyone gets their gear back and the dude has to do some jail time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123