Solix Network, do I need two lakemaster cards?

I have two solix 15's

There's a debate going on over here if you can see the map from one lakemaster card on both units or not if they are connected with an ethernet cable..
    2018 Triton TRX 20, Mercury 250 Pro XS Serial Number 2B526777

SOLIX units will share mapping cards. Navionics, Lakemaster, Auto Chart, C-Map.

Where is "over here" that is clueless about SOLIX units?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    SOLIX units will share mapping cards. Navionics, Lakemaster, Auto Chart, C-Map.

Where is "over here" that is clueless about SOLIX units?
    At my house :)

Well I have been unable so far to get my lakemaster card to show up on my front unit. But I am very new to these units, so it must be a something I missed in the setup. Heck I can't even get the basemap to come up on that one. At first, it appeared I had two networks, one generated from the front and one generated from the back.. I thought that I had successfully put the front unit on the rear units network, but not luck on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
    At my house :)

Well I have been unable so far to get my lakemaster card to show up on my front unit. But I am very new to these units, so it must be a something I missed in the setup. Heck I can't even get the basemap to come up on that one. At first, it appeared I had two networks, one generated from the front and one generated from the back.. I thought that I had successfully put the front unit on the rear units network, but not luck on the map.
    You don't put either unit on the others network. You choose what map product to display in the Setup/Chart menu. If you want the Basemap displayed just select that in either unit's Setup/Chart menu--both get changed at the same time.
    Same for Lakemaster, just select Humminbird in the Setup/Chart menu on either unit.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    You don't put either unit on the others network. You choose what map product to display in the Setup/Chart menu. If you want the Basemap displayed just select that in either unit's Setup/Chart menu--both get changed at the same time.
    Same for Lakemaster, just select Humminbird in the Setup/Chart menu on either unit.
    Ok, do I have to turn off global settings on the second unit? A friend mentioned that I do

Ok, do I have to turn off global settings on the second unit? A friend mentioned that I do
    I'll have to check. I was doing waypoints one day and mapping another day recently. Forgot if I did anything with Global for mapping. Typically I have all Global settings turned off.
    Need to get a couple of units setup on my desk.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

OK, got it all setup with a SOLIX and ONIX. I have every Global setting off. I had no map card in either unit, both units displayed the Basemap.
    Then I inserted a Chart Select card in the SOLIX, then in the SOLIX Setup Chart menu I selected Humminbird Chart Cards.
    The Lakemaster map displayed on the ONIX but not the SOLIX. I restarted the SOLIX and no change reading the Lakemaster map, still showed on the ONIX, so I removed the card and the basemap showed on both units. Re-inserted it and the Lakemaster map showed on both units.
    Soooo, the SOLIX is glitchy reading a Chart Select card (Lakemaster map), but not sharing it.

I'll pass on this test to Humminbird.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    OK, got it all setup with a SOLIX and ONIX. I have every Global setting off. I had no map card in either unit, both units displayed the Basemap.
    Then I inserted a Chart Select card in the SOLIX, then in the SOLIX Setup Chart menu I selected Humminbird Chart Cards.
    The Lakemaster map displayed on the ONIX but not the SOLIX. I restarted the SOLIX and no change reading the Lakemaster map, still showed on the ONIX, so I removed the card and the basemap showed on both units. Re-inserted it and the Lakemaster map showed on both units.
    Soooo, the SOLIX is glitchy reading a Chart Select card (Lakemaster map), but not sharing it.

I'll pass on this test to Humminbird.
    Yeah, I was just out there fooling with them, and after some fiddling, all of a sudden it worked... I can't explain why.

I imported my new waypoints into each unit and it was done.

But I did notice that my front trandsucer on my trolling motor was clicking like crazy. I could put my hand on it and it feel. My buddy says it's supposed to do that, but I found it weird...

Yeah, I was just out there fooling with them, and after some fiddling, all of a sudden it worked... I can't explain why.

I imported my new waypoints into each unit and it was done.

But I did notice that my front trandsucer on my trolling motor was clicking like crazy. I could put my hand on it and it feel. My buddy says it's supposed to do that, but I found it weird...
    If you have the units on with their transducers connected and operating in Normal, yes the transducers click. That is what they are supposed to do. SONAR broadcasts sound, that clicking is sound.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    If you have the units on with their transducers connected and operating in Normal, yes the transducers click. That is what they are supposed to do. SONAR broadcasts sound, that clicking is sound.
    Interesting, I just never knew they were that loud. I'm just glad it's not broken! that was my first thought.. uh oh..

11. Member
    I have a solix 12 on the front and a solix 15 at the console (they are linked with Ethernet). Both had navionics cards in them until recently when Humminbird released a card with my home lake. I put the Lakaster card in the 15 and the 12 will not read it. I removed the navionics cards to see if that would help but no. I took the 12 to Humminbird to see if there’s a problem with it. They ran a couple tests and it checks out fine. I was told to bring both units in and they would run further tests to try to find the issue. Both are running the latest software edition. I’ll try turning off global and see if that helps, are there any more suggestions if that fails?

12. Banned
    After the update mine didn't work in the garage, but shared mapping once I got to the lake.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tr62 View Post
    I have a solix 12 on the front and a solix 15 at the console (they are linked with Ethernet). Both had navionics cards in them until recently when Humminbird released a card with my home lake. I put the Lakaster card in the 15 and the 12 will not read it. I removed the navionics cards to see if that would help but no. I took the 12 to Humminbird to see if there’s a problem with it. They ran a couple tests and it checks out fine. I was told to bring both units in and they would run further tests to try to find the issue. Both are running the latest software edition. I’ll try turning off global and see if that helps, are there any more suggestions if that fails?

Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the exact issues

I have a local lake mapped with AC on my Console Solix10 G2, should I be able to see my AC maps on the Bow unit which is a Solix 10 G1?

Thanks
    Always "Huntin" the IA Bass!

Boat: Nitro Z7
    Primary Propulsion Unit: 200 Optimax ProXS
    Vertical Depth Propulsion Adjustment: 8" Bobs Action Jack
    Underwater Surveillance: Solix10 G2 Console & Solix10 G1 Bow
    Anchoring: Powerpole, Ultrex Spot Lock
    Dynamic Positioning System: Ultrex i-pilot Link

15. Member
    You cannot share AC data, but can make a copy on another zero line card for the other unit