Alabama carpenters

so I’m getting ready to move to the Huntsville Madison area and was wondering if anyone may be able to help me get on somewhere. I did some calling around today and didn’t have much luck. Most of my experience is framing but I do have some trim and siding experience. Any leads are greatly appreciated

2. Member
    Try the Huntsville Madison county home builders association. http://www.buildersassn.org/home.html#
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

3. Member
    Also lot of the builders here use either city lumber company or Wilson lumber company. Might give them a call and maybe they can provide some leads.
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

4. Member
    I did use that website and only got one call back and the guy only offered me $12 an hour. I make over double that in Missouri and I do know wages are lower in AL but I was almost insulted when he said that.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyNegus94 View Post
    I did use that website and only got one call back and the guy only offered me $12 an hour. I make over double that in Missouri and I do know wages are lower in AL but I was almost insulted when he said that.
    I would think about 15-20 would be your average. there is usually contractors needing people all the time. there is a lot of other jobs in that area also

6. Member
    Shoot me a pm and I may be able to give you a lead.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by poeman View Post
    I would think about 15-20 would be your average. there is usually contractors needing people all the time. there is a lot of other jobs in that area also
    I keep hearing there’s lots of work but I’m having trouble finding anyone hiring or maybe they’re just not looking for a journeyman.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MidTNFisherman View Post
    Shoot me a pm and I may be able to give you a lead.
    PM sent

9. Member
    Did you come from a Union, the reason I ask is couldn't they have helped you in your move to another State by giving you leads and references?

10. Member
    Yes I was union but I was only ln for 3 months and you have to be in for 6 months before they’ll let you transfer. I worked non union before.