Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post

He's right about one thing...LEADS are for closers....and when the leads are gone and a closer has no one left to "C" what is he????.....

CLOSER - C = LOSER

A good salesperson doesn't need leads...a great sales person doesn't WANT leads...

We make our own leads all day long...and because they're OUR leads...we close every single one...eventually.

That's how a good sales person thinks and lives. That's how I used to live.
    Last edited by Original Tin; 04-22-2018 at 03:47 PM.

2. Member
    My training wasn’t far off that.

It has served me well over the years.

3. Banned
    Yet every reply to the OP was "They are good boats...but I passed and bought something different"

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    Yet every reply to the OP was "They are good boats...but I passed and bought something different"
    Some were but I counted 5 people who said they owned one and would buy one again and one said he owned 2 of them.
    Maybe I'm missing your point??

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Original Tin View Post
    Some were but I counted 5 people who said they owned one and would buy one again and one said he owned 2 of them.
    I also owned 2 Alumacrafts. A 1992 Alumacraft Phantom V170/Merc 115 bought new, and kept it 5 seasons, along with the Competitor 175CS.
    Both great boats!

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    I also owned 2 Alumacrafts. A 1992 Alumacraft Phantom V170/Merc 115 bought new, and kept it 5 seasons, along with the Competitor 175CS.
    Both great boats!
    You guys are making me wanna go buy one...

He's right about one thing...LEADS are for closers....and when the leads are gone and a closer has no one left to "C" what is he????.....

CLOSER - C = LOSER

A good salesperson doesn't need leads...a great sales person doesn't WANT leads...

We make our own leads all day long...and because they're OUR leads...we close every single one...eventually.

That's how a good sales person thinks and lives. That's how I used to live.
    Having worked as a Regional sales manager for a large manufacturer I had customers who had been buying from our companiy for years. However, I did an awful lot of groundwork developing new business and helping those businesses get more bang for the buck. You get a lot of personal satisfaction when you develop a customer into a major account. However, a good salesman will make his smallest customer feel as important as your largest account.

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 Optimax, Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 19P
    Minn Kota 70b Thrust Maxxum
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Lowrance Elite 7 TI (Bow)
    Lowrance HDS7 GEN 3 Touch (Console)
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

8. Banned
    No point just

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    No point just
    Oh...well that's fine then...carry on.

10. Member
    I think Alumacraft is lacking in the range that a lot of people are buying these types of boats right now. 18-ish foot with 115 when comparing the Renegade to the 185 there are some huge differences.

Renegade- 95" beam(5" wider than 185), Discount($4,651 vs $950 that 185 has), Length 18'9"(4" longer than the 185), Gas tank capacity 22 Gal(2 Gallons larger than 185), and overall layout I like the Renegade. The decks on the Renegade are just below the gunnels, where the 185 sits much lower.

A quick price comparison on websites, a very basic 185 after discounts comes out to just over $27K. A Renegade with the same options after the discount is just under $23K.

I will say that Alumacraft makes some great boats. In MN most of the boats we see are either Alumacraft or Lund and they are split about 50-50. I have been in many of each, I like them both. But for a bass boat in this range the Lund wins every time for me.

11. Member
    Like other decent brands we don't see many, if any dealers down here. We have a G3, Lowe, and of course a couple of Ranger/Tracker dealers near by. Some dealers are better than others at getting you in if you bought there. Some dealers are just royal PITA's at getting you in if you're local and bought elsewhere. Motors need serviced, it's not a matter or if. It's when and how often. If you happen to get a bad copy, and you can no matter who made it, you better hope your dealer will take care of you if you didn't buy from them. I've made a six hour drive each way to get a good mechanic to fix a crappy mechanics solution to my motors problems more than once. The boat was fine.

There are a LOT of reasons I don't get hung up on a certain boat or motor brand any longer.

Before you Bombardier guys chime in with the "ten year warranty and no service for three years" stuff. I had one with the heat soak issues that multiple dealers could not solve. By time I had them talked into putting a electric primer on it (like two years worth of putting up with the BS) the part went indefinite back order. That warranty is only as good as the company backing it and availability of parts. The more you know about your local mechanic the better buying decision you can make. Do you know if they are a certified master mechanic on the brand you are considering? Are they up to date? You may find out if you have one of those ankle biter issues!
    Last edited by n2ratfishin; 04-23-2018 at 11:40 AM.

12. California Fishing Moderator Captain Babito A7T3C's Avatar
    My last boat was an Alumacraft Competitor 185 w/150 Yamaha on it - loved that boat but ultimately decided i belonged in a glass bass boat. Would not hesitate to buy another Alumacraft built rig though, they are solid all around.
    2017 Nitro Z18 - Mercury ProXS 175 - 24P Fury - Elite 9 TI2 - Fortrex

13. Member
    2005 Tracker PT175
    1987 Ranger 373V Bassmasters Classic

Well he is stoked. No livewell up front and a recess tm tray. Now they should sale.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12