Thread: 2018 521L trim

2018 521L trim

So I am taking the boat back to dealer tomorrow but thought I would throw this out to possibly save me a trip. 250 pro xs with motor mate has a intermittent issue with trimming up to release the motor mate.

Dealer had me check the adjustment on the switch but it was already set to the max setting (would not go clockwise anymore)

I have zero issues once the motor is off the motor mate.

I had posted before with concerns about the rigging hose getting pinched so it could be related. Motor mate is in the 3rd hole btw.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

2. Member
    There is a orange wire on the right side of the motor. Unplug it and it will let the motor trim all the way up.

3. Member
    Seems like a lot of issues with the L boats so far from what I've been reading. I'm sure Ranger will get it straightened out.

4. Member
    Trim safety switch I removed from my motor no more issues RANGER installs them at the factory.

5. Member
    I had my done to, nothing to do with ranger, its Mercury. Makes it easier to trim up all the way especially if your on the bank changing out props

6. Member
    I had similar issue on 2018 521C cup pkg. it will get worse. Dealer un-hooked trim safety module and fixed the problem.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rtrose View Post
    Seems like a lot of issues with the L boats so far from what I've been reading. I'm sure Ranger will get it straightened out.
    This is a engine problem not Ranger, I have ran into this several times the last several years before I retired!!!!

8. Member
    Wire is now disconnected...it is on me to make sure I don't tilt it too much which is fine by me. Thanks for the help!!