Thread: Gas Line Help !

Gas Line Help !

Guys about 6 or so years ago I had to have the dealer where I purchased a new Triton in 02 replace not only the fuel lines but the wiring from the motor to the dash due to ethanol melting all the lines .
    Today I noticed the line fuel line from the primer bulb to the gas tank is black with Type A SAE J1527/ISO the line from the blub to the motor is gray .
    I believe I have been ripped off , please tell me I do not have to replace this line ?

Thanks for the help ?

2. Member
    I think you may mean J5127 rather than 1527, but why do you think you were ripped off? The gray line? As long as that has blue writing, you're fine.

The wiring? Obviously that wasn't affected directly by the fuel.

3. Member
    I am thinking they cut the line and only replaced part . The line to the gas tank is black with white letters and I checked again TYPE A1 SAE J1527/ISO . My question is this line ok or should it be replaced ?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Cook View Post
    I am thinking they cut the line and only replaced part . The line to the gas tank is black with white letters and I checked again TYPE A1 SAE J1527/ISO . My question is this line ok or should it be replaced ?
    That IS the correct fuel line for ENCLOSED (below the deck) areas.

5. Member
    Thanks