19 TRX Set Up Questions

I've got a new 19 TRX with a 225 Pro XS. I was curious to hear opinions on optimal engine height and prop. I'm currently running a 24 Fury and the engine height is around 3.25". The hole shot is solid. On the top end I'm sniffing 70 mph at about 5200-5300 ish rpm's. Thoughts? Thanks!

2. Member
    I would move it up 1/4" or until you get 5600 rmps.

3. Member
    Last night was the first time I ran it in 3 weeks. 68 mph @ 5100 rpms. Water pressure 24. There's not enough bite on the hole shot and it spins out right before getting on plane. I currently have one prop plug in the 24P Fury and experienced a similar result with 2 plugs. The rooster tail height is right at the cowling. PTP currently is about 3.25" below pad. Thoughts?
    Last edited by ckessenich; 04-20-2018 at 09:12 AM.

4. Member
    I have a 2017 19TRX with a 200 ProXS, my P2P is 2 3/4". I have 2 props that I run, my 24 Fury (not worked) runs 66MPH 5700 rpms only myself and my 25 Tempest +(worked) runs 68MPH 5600 rpms only me. Typical I run my Tempest in the winter and my fury in the summer time. Hope this helps out.
    2017 Triton 19TRX
    200 Mercury Optimax ProXS

5. Member
    Even though I'd only be moving it up a 1/4" I'm concerned it might get more squirrely at WOT than it already is. I don't have a ton of expereince in this area so that's just a semi-educated guess.

It
    Quote Originally Posted by banks1 View Post
    I would move it up 1/4" or until you get 5600 rmps.

Tritons like their motors high. I haven't seen one at it's best running over 3 inches below pad. I found that raising the motor also decreased chine walking. It's almost the opposite of what you would think.

Quote Originally Posted by ckessenich View Post
    Even though I'd only be moving it up a 1/4" I'm concerned it might get more squirrely at WOT than it already is. I don't have a ton of expereince in this area so that's just a semi-educated guess.

It
    My TR186 became more manageable as I moved the motor higher. When I got it, it started to walk around 57-58 mph. Once I was done raising the motor and I can max out around 60-61 and put my hands in my lap. As long as you have good water pressure, keep raising the motor.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

8. Member
    Thanks to everyone who responded. After numerous tests by myself, then eventually back at the dealer, it was determined that the tach was faulty and the hot foot was only able to use 88% of the boats acceleration. So they hooked it up to the computer, went through 3 tachs to find one that read what the computer read, adusted the ot foot posistion, kept the same engine height & prop w/ one of the exhaust ports plugged and got it going 71.5 @ 5750 rpm and it had more in it before they ran out of water because of ice. I think it's important to note that I picked the boat up in MN in March. It was a real cold winter so it couldn't be water tested before I got it. Should have it back May 3rd, just prior to the opener on the 5th. Can't wait!

9. Member
    Thanks again to In Tune Marine in Richmond, MN for sending a driver 5 hrs east to come get my boat & bring it back upon completion of this work. I can’t say enough good things about everyone over there!