Lund 1875 and 2075 Pro V Bass XS questions

Hello, I am contemplating purchasing a 1875 or 2075 in the XS model of the Pro V Bass. I'm currently running a 20'6" Stratos 326XF and exclusively fish Lake Champlain where a 2-3 foot chop is pretty common. The waves on Champlain can be very close together and at times not very rhythmic. Almost like a washing machine. My current boat is similar in size to a Ranger 620. I've read numerous posts and seen numerous videos on these two models and I'm sure the 2075 would handle would handle the nasty waves as well if not better than my 326XF. However, my question is for the folks who have the 1875 model. Would I be kicking myself in the behind with the shorter boat or does it handle some pretty nasty waves well? I'm really liking the layout and fishability that these two models offer. I've always been in at least a 19' fiberglass bass boat and this is my first multispecies rig. I think the 1875 would have enough room for me to fish and store gear, etc....Just my concern is the capability to handle the rough water our lake can produce pretty frequently. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Banned
    While not having experience with the 1875 Lund, my hull is similar. I'm confident the 1875 Lund will ride equal to or better than a 19' glass rig.

3. Banned
    My buddy has a Lund predator 2010 and he has had serous trouble on St. Clair. Then again it's not a pro v hull more like a rebel hull. I'd go with the larger rig I think it will give you more options.

4. Member
    While not specific to the models you're looking at, my experience has been that so long as you're in the proper boat for the water (gunwale height, power, etc) I've always found larger boats to be better than smaller boats for handling chop.

5. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    I just went from an 1875 Impact to the 2075 ProV Sport. I know the hulls are different, but the extra 2ft is a huge difference. Go with the bigger boat if you can.

6. Member
    2 ft of length makes a big difference. Plus the 2075 has slightly more dead rise (more vee). If this choice is a question to you now, and you are like me...... just think of the second guessing potential that might happen if you go with the smaller boat ;)

7. Member
    I had a Lund 186 GL and traded for a 2075 XS w/250 Opti last fall. The extra 2ft makes a huge difference. I've put that boat to the test in some big water on Lake of the Ozarks, MO and Rainy Lake in Canada and have total confidence in its ability to handle it. I liked the way my 186 handled the big water, but the 2075 is even better.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye13 View Post
    I had a Lund 186 GL and traded for a 2075 XS w/250 Opti last fall. The extra 2ft makes a huge difference. I've put that boat to the test in some big water on Lake of the Ozarks, MO and Rainy Lake in Canada and have total confidence in its ability to handle it. I liked the way my 186 handled the big water, but the 2075 is even better.
    What length trolling motor are you running?

9. Member
    Sorry for the delayed reply. I'm running a 36v Ultrex with the 60" shaft. You may get by with a 52" but I like the longer shaft in big water. Especially if you are spot locked on a windy point or similar.