360TM - Power on/off every time you move, or at beginning/end of each fishing day

Hi Guys,

Humminbird 360 TM mount on Fortrex - I have tried to do some reading on this, and search but haven't found anything conclusive. Are folks turning it off every time you move on the big motor (400 yards), every time you run 5 minutes or more on the big motor, or do you turn it on at launch time, and turn it off when you pull your boat out of the water? I believe it's a twice a day switch, launch, and pull out

Manual on page 45 says "When the boat is stored or at dock, the 360 imaging transducer must be turned off to prevent draining the battery." To me this implies its just a power drain issue, not a "running the transducer while out of the water stowed horizontally" issue.

Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    My understanding is its best to "stop pinging" when it's not being used, but I don't think it's necessary to kill power to the 360 transducer when moving. When on the 360 screen, if you hit menu the first choice is "stop pinging". That's what I do, then I will put the bow unit in standby but I'm interested in others answers too.

Wondering if putting the unit in standby accomplishes the same thing while moving?
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

3. Member
    I stop ping as well,then standby mode too!

Standby will not stop the 360 from rotating. You have to turn 360 pinging off.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

5. Member
    My set up
    helix 10 g2n mega
    as 360 tm
    No ethernet switch
    wben I lift my 360 I change to a screen other than 360 and my 360 automatically stop spinning .
    to my understanding it’s to stop cross talk. I never really disable the ping per say but I know it stops rotating when I change to si or di . This is the way a helix works I was told now a solix that’s different

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    My set up
    helix 10 g2n mega
    as 360 tm
    No ethernet switch
    wben I lift my 360 I change to a screen other than 360 and my 360 automatically stop spinning .
    to my understanding it’s to stop cross talk. I never really disable the ping per say but I know it stops rotating when I change to si or di . This is the way a helix works I was told now a solix that’s different
    I was thinking that my 360 stops rotating as soon as I change to a different screen too, but then my second thought was I'm probably wrong I have a helix setup as well.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

My set up
    helix 10 g2n mega
    as 360 tm
    No ethernet switch
    Not familiar with the Helix MEGA SI units if you can run a different frequency than 455 kHz for SI and DI to prevent cross talk with the 360 and have both technologies displayed at the same time.

A SOLIX and ONIX can have SI and/or DI running at the same time and will cross-talk with SI or DI if they are set to 455 kHz and Auto Disable is not turned on.
    With Auto Disable turned on, when you select a 360 view, SI and DI are disabled. If you select a SI or DI view, 360 is disabled.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    With the helix you can’t display DI and 360 at same time you can have 360 and map or 360 and 2d. Helix is auto disable no way to turn off like solix.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by akaslyguy View Post
    I was thinking that my 360 stops rotating as soon as I change to a different screen too, but then my second thought was I'm probably wrong I have a helix setup as well.
    I noticed whenever I would switch between screens from a 360 view to a SI view the SI screen would refresh from scratch at the top of the screen and the 360 would do the same thing it would show me an old picture of the last place I finished with it and that it would refresh soon as I switch the screens

I noticed whenever I would switch between screens from a 360 view to a SI view the SI screen would refresh from scratch at the top of the screen and the 360 would do the same thing it would show me an old picture of the last place I finished with it and that it would refresh soon as I switch the screens
    Yes, the Helix and number series units do that.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Member
    I use the Humminbird RC2 Remote and have it programmed to turn off my 360's ping and put my Onix in standby, I use it each time I move, simple and easy.
    2005 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    2020 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    HB Solix
    HB M360
    Garmin LiveView
    MinnKota Ultrex

Quote Originally Posted by NWStratos View Post
    I use the Humminbird RC2 Remote and have it programmed to turn off my 360's ping and put my Onix in standby, I use it each time I move, simple and easy.
    Good solution
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Member
    With the helix you can’t display DI and 360 at same time you can have 360 and map or 360 and 2d. Helix is auto disable no way to turn off like solix.
    I have a gen 2 helix 12 on the bow so what your saying is if I switch from my 360 view to any other view my ducer will automatically stop spinning?

We're talking about a non mega 360 right?

14. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NWStratos View Post
    I really miss my Humminbird Remote on the Apex and Solix G3. They dropped support for the remote on both. If Helix GN4 still supports the remote, I would guess that it will be the last Helix to do so. It appears that Humminbird is totally doing away with this really useful Bluetooth tool.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers