St Clair Trip (South side question)

I posted Yesterday that I was looking into a ST Clair trip with my two boys in late June. I have 2 options.

1) stay the week before the FLW and fish the US side and stay at a hotel there around Rosewell. I looked those over and while I'm sure i could make them work, none looked really boat friendly to me.
    2) stay the week of the FLW (fishing Sun-Wed which would be before they start the tourney) and stay on the south shore of the lake in Ontario. I have tentatively booked a house right on the lake just East of Lakeview Park. There is a dock on the lake, plenty of parking, and should be a more peaceful place to stay. Depending on the wind, I could fish right there on the south shore, head over to the mouth of the river and fish the south west part of the lake or drive 45 mins to Mitchell's Bay.

I'm leaning on keeping that reservation but for those in the know, if I'm making a mistake staying in that area vs Rosewell the previous week and fishing the north side of the lake, please let me know.

thanks again

2. Member
    There are better options than Roseville, although quite a few out of staters do stay in that area. Personally I would plan your trip so that you are able to fish Canadian waters. It opens up a lot more options.

Quote Originally Posted by kybluediver View Post
    I posted Yesterday that I was looking into a ST Clair trip with my two boys in late June. I have 2 options.

1) stay the week before the FLW and fish the US side and stay at a hotel there around Rosewell. I looked those over and while I'm sure i could make them work, none looked really boat friendly to me.
    2) stay the week of the FLW (fishing Sun-Wed which would be before they start the tourney) and stay on the south shore of the lake in Ontario. I have tentatively booked a house right on the lake just East of Lakeview Park. There is a dock on the lake, plenty of parking, and should be a more peaceful place to stay. Depending on the wind, I could fish right there on the south shore, head over to the mouth of the river and fish the south west part of the lake or drive 45 mins to Mitchell's Bay.

I'm leaning on keeping that reservation but for those in the know, if I'm making a mistake staying in that area vs Rosewell the previous week and fishing the north side of the lake, please let me know.

thanks again
    Option #2 is the way to go.

4. Member
    #2 but the FLW boys will be practicing Sun Mon and Tue. But way over on the Canadien side there should be plenty of room to fish.

5. Member
    Thanks for the confirmation guys. I'll stick with #2 then. I know nothing of the area really. May end up getting a guide for the first day if I can find one. I fished the lake 10+ years ago on the US side and we had a pretty good trip then. If anyone could share just general areas that would be very helpful. Not looking for hot spots but if I knew of a few good general areas to focus on or avoid, that could prove helpful. Feel free to PM me if you want. Otherwise, thanks for the info. Looking forward to the boys bending some rods.