Thread: Lake cumberland

Lake cumberland

Taking a special Olympic athlete fishing Saturday, just trying to decide where to take him. Laurel or Cumberland. How stained is Cumberland after the rains last weekend? I put in a Burnside ramp on Cumberland. Just wanting the best chance for him to catch a few fish.

2. Member
    I'm pretty sure a big high school tournament is going out of Burnside Saturday morning. 150 boats or something I think. And the KBN is taking off out of Conely Bottom. About 30 to 40 boats. May want to consider going to a different ramp if you choose Cumberland.

3. Member
    Cumberland is very fishable after the rains last weekend. I can't speak for Laurel but just spend a week at Cumberland. Some fish are on the beds there but many are not on beds but accessible in shallow water with moving baits especially spinnerbaits. If that type of fishing is doable by your athlete, I would consider Cumberland.

4. Member
    He can fish a spinner bait. He can cast well and reel. We could put in a the waitsboro ramp it seems to be less busy.
    Thanks

5. Member
    Cumberland is doing good right now. If was me I would go to beaver or Indian creek. And just throw a Spinnerbait on the secondary points leading in to the cuts

6. Member
    I always fish the upper end, fishing creek Pittman creek since it's closer to home for me. I know the lower end is better fishing.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scott c View Post
    I always fish the upper end, fishing creek Pittman creek since it's closer to home for me. I know the lower end is better fishing.
    Ive done well in Fishing creek. In fact its the only place ive ever done well. But im always down there in the dead of summer.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scott c View Post
    Taking a special Olympic athlete fishing Saturday, just trying to decide where to take him. Laurel or Cumberland. How stained is Cumberland after the rains last weekend? I put in a Burnside ramp on Cumberland. Just wanting the best chance for him to catch a few fish.
    there’s a high school regional tournament on Green tomorrow. I thought they had already had the one on Cumbetland. At least they had a high school tournament of some kind because a buddy I work with took two guys from Rockcastle Co. High about 3 weeks ago. May be a different one though.

9. Member
    Sorry I meant to quote metalbassman.

10. Member
    Saw in the green river thread that the region 3 high school tournament was tomorrow. They’ll probably have 200 boats. They did cancel the crappie USA there tomorrow though.

11. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    there’s a high school regional tournament on Green tomorrow. I thought they had already had the one on Cumbetland. At least they had a high school tournament of some kind because a buddy I work with took two guys from Rockcastle Co. High about 3 weeks ago. May be a different one though.
    I was fishing the day they had the Lake Cumberland Regional High School tournament. I work every Saturday but I was on vacation the last two weeks in March. If my memory is correct it was the last weekend in March.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    I was fishing the day they had the Lake Cumberland Regional High School tournament. I work every Saturday but I was on vacation the last two weeks in March. If my memory is correct it was the last weekend in March.
    Gene, there is one on Cumberland & one on green today. 1 guy I work withs son is fishing Cumberland today & the other one has kids fishing green.