Water stabilization issues

I am trying to find the big plastic nut that looks like a star possibly that screws on the water stabilization hose and elbows on the outside of the boat to hold it in tried to post pics of it but they say my picture too big so I'm trying to learn how to resize those but if anyone knows or has an idea what I'm talking about where to find one of these so far I can't find anything locally here in West Virginia any help would be appreciated thank you

-duplicate deleted -
    Last edited by CastingCall; 04-19-2018 at 10:50 AM.

To post pics, try using https://postimages.org/ - allows you to drag/drop files to their hosting site, sizes them and gives you a link that you can copy/paste for posting on forums like this.

I'm guessing you are talking about a through-hull fitting. Not sure what you mean by "water stabilization"? Is this an inlet for your livewell plumbing/pump? Or an overflow from your livewell?
    What year/model boat do you have? If you can get the pic of the fitting to upload here, that will help a lot.

4. Member
    I was told the boat has a water stabilazor, that will help keep the boat from leanings also, when the water reaches s certain level it will let water, so it won't sink. Now we are newbies at this type of fishing boat so we might have been wrong. It's an 85 Cajun, not sure what kind, but might be a fish and ski. I work on resizing the picks

Quote Originally Posted by okeywvu View Post
    I was told the boat has a water stabilazor, that will help keep the boat from leanings also, when the water reaches s certain level it will let water, so it won't sink. Now we are newbies at this type of fishing boat so we might have been wrong. It's an 85 Cajun, not sure what kind, but might be a fish and ski. I work on resizing the picks
    Hmmm. I think someone was feeding you some B.S. The only time a thru-hull like that would be used to let water in/out, is on flats-style boat - where the sole (cockpit floor) is higher than the outside water level to provide positive drainage of the cockpit.
    Any other thru-hull fittings are going to be drains or overflows for livewells.
    Guessing you are looking for something similar to this?

6. Member
    yes, similar, ours has a big plastic nut, that looks lime a star sorta. it screws on the elbow to hold it in place

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    okeywvu's pix ...

Attached Images Attached Images

Hex nut is the word. You just need to find a threaded 90 degree thru-hull fitting with a barbed end, that matches the hole size in the hull and hose size. You can find them online.
    What does that hose connect to in the boat?
    Where did it exit on the boat... amidships? Bow? Stern?
    Last edited by CastingCall; 04-19-2018 at 09:15 PM.

9. Member
    this where I need that hex nut to hold that in place
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great Lakes Skipper online sells similar 90 degree thru hull fittings. Don't know if they sell just the hex nut - but they sell the complete fitting pretty cheap

https://greatlakesskipper.com/catalo...90+degree&cat=

Otherwise for a shade-tree makeshift fix, maybe take the fitting to a hardware store and see if a regular PVC threaded cap fitting, or bushing fitting could fit. It if does, you could lop off just the hex portion with threads to make your own "nut".

11. Member
    Probably have to buy the whole thing.
    William "Bill" Kyte
    Waldorf, MD
    2018 Shenadoah Kerr lake BFL Co-angler Champion

2020 Ranger 520L Evinrude G2 250HO

12. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    May have to buy the whole 90° bulkhead fitting ... that's going to be an off the shelf item, just got to find it. Plumbing supply warehouse (not Lowe's or Home Depot) will probably have the answer.