Ufp db 35 grease seal.

Posted this in the trailer forum but no reply and need to finish the job today. Hey guys received my new db35 brake kit and it came with two seals one with a green band one without they look the same which one should I use.thanks in advance

2. Member
    Hmm that’s got me, where’s the kit from. I have always ordered from pacific trailers and got one ring that just sits inside the hub. I would test the fit of the ring in the hub and if it seals go ahead and beat the cap on. They can be a bugger

3. Member
    Got the kit from Eastern Marine. It's a UFP kit from Dexter Axel.its the inner seal.

one for the front, one for the back, I don't think it makes a differences

5. Member
    Bearing buddy that came with the kit goes in the front. I guess it's a spare.

6. Member
    Just a hunch but the kit has (2) seals with (2) different inside diameters (Seals (2: 1 each with 1.68" ID and 1 with 1.71" ID)
    as it was not "axle" specific. It is a kit so kinda universal with the seals. As stated above test each one on your axle and see which one fits over it properly. As stated just my two cents worth.

7. Member
    I will definitely try that. I did not know there were 2 dia. That close. I have a vernier caliper to measure accurately..thanks for the tip..

8. Member
    Just a hunch but the kit has (2) seals with (2) different inside diameters (Seals (2: 1 each with 1.68" ID and 1 with 1.71" ID)
    x2

I think the 1.68 is used if the spindle has a wear ring and the 1.72 is used with no wear ring.

Most after market bearing kits come with the 1.72 and guys with the wear ring can't understand how water get in with a new seal.

9. Member
    Hey Bassin365 you were right. Very close in size. I finished the job last night and so far so good. Thanks again to everyone for the help.