Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

We have some serious issues to deal with

Wtf again, what's wrong with these kids?
    http://www.fox5ny.com/news/7-prince-...-officials-say

Guess its the new way to be "blood brothers". Glad they did not kill themselvs.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

3. Member
    O boy now there going to try and take pencil sharpeners away what will we do.....
    2015 189 trx

Quote Originally Posted by z7extreme View Post
    O boy now there going to try and take pencil sharpeners away what will we do.....
    No they sue them first to get all their money then ban them
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

5. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Great, is this turning into the BBC way? Kids harm themselves and the response is jokes?
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    Great, is this turning into the BBC way? Kids harm themselves and the response is jokes?
    They intentionally did it and no I don't feel sorry for the dummies.

We have to allow kids to express themselves.

Indian tradition

instead of wrists , they should of went for gonads, and won't create more stupidity future offspring .. just sayin'

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass AHolic View Post
    instead of wrists , they should of went for gonads, and won't create more stupidity future offspring .. just sayin'

This

No, kids hurting themselves is not funny, however, the response of blaming the pencil sharpeners (or any other inanimate oblect) for the issue is absolutely hilarious (in a very sad way).

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

12. Member
    a quick google shows that this has been happening for years all across the country. The theme? this age group. One more intelligent article I read is that the kids are plays games of dare and if you don't, you get labeled chicken.....we all did this as kids, it just was dealt with by a teacher or parent saying "dumbass" I bet it hurts and maybe telling kids that doing stupid stuff like this is, well, stupid.....a teaching moment is had. Now of course, social media jumps in and suddenly mental health is a topic and what is wrong with that school? yes, there is a mental health illness where people hurt themselves. I don't think this was it......
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

13. Member
    https://kidshealth.org/en/teens/cutting.html

This is not a new phenomenon. With so many single parent households or households where two parents work in our society children are simply looking for an outlet. As a parent I can’t say it’s not the parents EVERY TIME because society as a whole molds our children’s lives as well. But, parents hold the lions share of the responsibility rearing their children. It’s not teachers or any other government entity, much less social media’s responsibility.

I had had a buddy that was complaining about his young daughters cell phone data usage. I called her into the room (watched this young person grow up from diapers) and asked her for the phone unlocked. She threw a fit about “invasion of privacy”, dad finally stepped up. When I showed dad how to look at battery usage and history she had lived on instagram. So we visited her Instagram. Mom got involved at that point. These were parents that up to that point would send their girls to us to watch, help with homework etc... That day changed everything. I’m now the bad guy. They moved about ten miles away. We were pretty close for a decade. That’s the parents I see today. Nothing’s their fault. You point out something and you’re the bad guy. Few want to get involved. My advice to them was to stop telling the young lady she was “stupid” and going to end up a hair dresser. We’d helped her with enough homework to know she was far from stupid. She wanted attention! The barrage of post on Instagram proved it. But I still ended up being the bad guy. Last time I checked mom was posting pics of the now high schooler doing her hair. Nothing wrong with being a hair dresser! But IMO telling your daughter she’s stupid and that’s all she’s going to be is WRONG.
    Last edited by n2ratfishin; 04-19-2018 at 08:20 AM.

They could not have hurt themselves very bad if the school nurse handled the cuts .. the story makes it out like they tried to kill themselves

15. Member
    Happens all the time sadly.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    They could not have hurt themselves very bad if the school nurse handled the cuts .. the story makes it out like they tried to kill themselves
    They must have sawed on their arms with the blade. I've never seen a pencil sharpener that was very sharp.

There is better ways for kids to get attention.
    Hi Mike.

17. Member
    Just another average day in the news. Who's fault is this?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rboren View Post
    Just another average day in the news. Who's fault is this?
    The pencil sharpener manufacturers most definitely.
    Hi Mike.

19. Member
    I wish my grass would do this

20. Banned
    This is how nature weeds out the weak! ...a pencil sharpener in every pot !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast