Thread: Best fix???

Best fix???

Apparently not everybody can park and during my derby Saturday, somebody scraped my trailer and elected to not do anything but leave. New boat/trailer.....ugh....

What would be the best route other than trying an insurance claim to fix?

IMG_20180414_160900822_HDR-1002x1336.jpg

Did you try buffing it to see if the marks come off ? or some acetone on a rag ?? Cant tell if its dented also ??

3. Member
    It is dented. I have not tried buffing yet. A small chip of the rough/tough coat is knocked off as well, that you can barely see in the pic.

4. Member
    To say I was pissed when I got to my truck after stinking up the derby would be an understatement.

5. Banned
    Turn it into your insurance and have it repaired correctly. In a year or so when the rust eats on that you will wish you did.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Turn it into your insurance and have it repaired correctly. In a year or so when the rust eats on that you will wish you did.
    this^^^

Blue car painters masking tape just above the pin stripe to cover it, rough up scratched area , prime and repaint same color. but that wont deal with dent. and I don't believe torching the metal to make it hot then slap on a pack of dry ice . will make the dent pop back out.. metal may be too thick. thin car body sheet metal does well with the dent less style repair..

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    You're probably right..... Guess I'll be headed that route.

I sucks when it happens and people run! I have had a boat for over 30 years, 15 of which it rarely came off my my truck from March to Nov. Brought to work, everyday lake was 3 miles from Work. With all that experience, I tagged my first trailer last year. Felt awful about it, left a note, went out on the lake found the the gentleman, told him what happened. I just broke the light. I Had 50.00 on me, I gave it to him to fix it. He was not happy at first, but understood and was thankful that I came and found him and was pretty cool about it in the end. It still bothers me, I damaged someone equipment, by being in a rush.
    It happens, people need to do the right thing.

You might also wait until the next tournament and look at the right side of people front fender. Had to leave a mark on their truck also.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    You might also wait until the next tournament and look at the right side of people front fender. Had to leave a mark on their truck also.
    This was during a BFL..... At a lake 2+ hours away....

12. Member
    That is a job for the insurance company.

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

13. Member
    I'd go with insurance. Sucks, but it's the best way to go if you ask me. I had the same thing done to me, except they my hit my fiberglass fender. Didn't bother to leave a note either. Seriously pissed me off. I had the boat/trailer less than 4 months too, brand new. Some people are just worthless.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    I sucks when it happens and people run! I have had a boat for over 30 years, 15 of which it rarely came off my my truck from March to Nov. Brought to work, everyday lake was 3 miles from Work. With all that experience, I tagged my first trailer last year. Felt awful about it, left a note, went out on the lake found the the gentleman, told him what happened. I just broke the light. I Had 50.00 on me, I gave it to him to fix it. He was not happy at first, but understood and was thankful that I came and found him and was pretty cool about it in the end. It still bothers me, I damaged someone equipment, by being in a rush.
    It happens, people need to do the right thing.
    for doing the right thing.

That'll need to be sanded and re-coated with that liner material. No easy fix there. Call insurance.

I guess in a perfect world, everyone would take responsibility for their actions!!
    Just can't leave well enough alone!!

98 Stratos 273 w/ 150 Faststrike

17. Member
    Another case of the innocent person sucking up the cost due to the actions of people who do feel responsible for their actions........ this society.....UGH