Thread: NE Texas report

NE Texas report

If anyone is interested

I have to say the wind has not stopped for any length of time since Jan. Other than that we have had good amounts of rain. Temps have been swinging wildly from 80 one day to low 30's for a few mornings then back in the upper 70's.

Water temps have been struggling to get above 64 where I have been. All the lakes around here have been showing lots of hydrilla this year. Water clearity depends on the body of water. Fork has still got quite a bit of the lake that is slightly milky. The lower half of the lake is cleaner. But the upper areas are still silted. But smaller local lakes are almost gin clear. With all the hydrilla I will say that it won't be long before they are all super clear.

Fish have been scattered from 1 foot to 20 foot of water. Hitting sporadically on anything thrown. I have found my spinner bait in my hand more than anything this year so far. They have been on a frog bite as well. But, it does not last very long. When the sunlight hits the water they stop. I even had the opportunity to hit the water at 4:30 one day that the morning temps were in the upper 60's. I thought I would have them surrounded with the frog and the early bite. It was one of those days. Did not get a bite till the sun broke the horizon. So much for an early start.

I decided to put together this short to show the most consistent thing that has happened this year. You have to laugh at it. It just goes this way sometimes.

Better Luck Next Time !!!
    Jeff, and Rheba Johnson
    AND COOPER
    2009 BEE LINE 294 by Phoenix
    2009 150 MERC OPTIMAX

2. Member
    Always enjoy your reports.