2002 tr19 Triton

Hey guys looking at a 2002 tr19 with a 200 Opti, I know nothing about triton boats always heard they chime walk but figured that’s mostly due to not being properly setup. My biggest question is does the 19 ride pretty well I’m currently in a 21ft it’s technically 20.5, would I regret making the switch after being in a boat that big? Any help from anyone who has owned or ridden in one would be appreciated thanks guys

I had a 2002 TR19 with a 200 Yamaha and it is 19'6" long with a ton of storage. Great Boat. As for chine walk mine was pretty bad until I set the motor height correct. The Triton's run best with the engine set very high and with a 4 blade prop so you can run it higher with out prop blowout during high speed turns. I started out raising the jack plate an quarter inch at a time until I reached the sweet spot with little or no chine walk with a 3 blade prop. Then marked the jack plate for the height. Then put the 4 blade prop on and raised it to find it's sweet spot marked the jack plate so whichever prop I ran I could adjust the plate to where it would run best. It handled rough water very well. Larry Brumley

3. Banned
    I had a 1999 Tr19 and it was my favorite boat I’ve ever owned. Tons of storage. Far more than my current 20 foot skeeter.

Setup is a big part of it, but it is goin to chine on you if you don’t know how to drive one

4. BBC SPONSOR
    I owned a tr19 before I bought my 20 trx. I really like the tr19. It was a fast boat with a 200. Mine did chine walk, but some seat time fixed that. I ran a 24 fury 3 on mine. It was just a good all around boat. Handled rough water pretty well I thought for the size and fished nice.