Sportsman 19 with 150 SHO

Anybody on here running the Sportsman 19 with a 150 SHO? I am about 3 weeks out from getting mine to the dealership from the factory. Just wondering how they run and whats the best prop so far. There is hardly any info out there that I can find besides Yamaha's bulletin which show 52mph. I am excited about the layout and the fishability that it seems like it will have and storage.

2. Member
    I have a '15 DLX with the 150 SHO. Haven't messed with stock prop at all but 52 is about right on. I do have a hydro jackplate but not sure it does anything on it for top end.

3. Not Banned
    I have the F150 with a Yamaha 15 1/4 - 19P. I've read most SHO motors are turning a 21P. The 19 on the F motor comes out the hole really hard even with a lot of trim. That's why I've not tried another prop. I'm running 46-50 according to load and water condition. I haven't tried running it solo with a light load yet. The SHO is supposed to be 2-3mph faster than me.

4. Member
    Thanks guys. I wished mine was here yesterday! Lol. The anticipation is killing me. I'm going from an Xpress XP200 with a 115 on it so anything over 41 will be an improvement. I considered going back to a glass boat but I hunt and fish both and only really fish local tournaments now beside taking my boys in their school fishing. I opted for the Camo boat with no carpet and went ahead and added the Ultrex trolling motor, Atlas Hyd. Jackplate and a Power Pole.

5. Member
    Silver Fox I just noticed you are in Oak Ridge. Im just down the road from you in Spring City.

6. Member
    I have a 2015 19 DLX with the 150 and I see 45-47 full tourney load.

7. Not Banned
    I wish I had got a camouflage boat... with carpet.

8. Member
    me as well, I have received a lot of compliments on the boat and how it looks and rides. But I feel like I stand out and people can pick me out better then anyone else in a glass boat. Not that I am a great fisherman who has much to hide, but I prefer to go unnoticed and be able to blend in.

9. Not Banned
    I've seriously thought about either having it painted or some of the vinyl wrap put on it. I had a Triton and a War Eagle that were camouflage.

10. Member
    Do you have a power pole or talon on your rig? If so are they attached to the transom or did you use a bracket, if so which one?

11. Not Banned
    I don’t know if you’re asking me or some one else about the power pole... but I do have one. It’s with the sandwich bracket that’s goes between the transom and motor. I have no clue what it’s really called or the number or specs.

12. Member
    Thank you, it was more of a general question to anyone with boats like ours.

13. Member
    I will have one on mine when it gets here but I also having a Atlas Hydraulic jack plate put on so I would assume it will have a bracket. Will update when it gets here