Thread: Patoka

Patoka

Has anyone been on Patoka the last few days? I see its still over 11 ft high.....just wondering about water temp and color. Thanks!
    At least we had 1987....

2. Member
    Haven't been on it since Saturday, river was muddy and main lake had a milky green tint, Southlick wasn't to bad the temps I saw ranged from 53-54 degrees....

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by L.Roberts View Post
    Has anyone been on Patoka the last few days? I see its still over 11 ft high.....just wondering about water temp and color. Thanks!
    It looks awesome. Look like you’re gonna catch one every cast with all this flooded brush. Unfortunately you’re gonna catch one every 10,000 casts. Lol.
    Last edited by catch5; 04-18-2018 at 02:22 PM.

4. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Can you get under the bridges?
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by billius View Post
    Can you get under the bridges?
    I think so. I did Saturday. Sitting down in the driver seat, I could touch the bottom of the bridge though.
    Last edited by catch5; 04-18-2018 at 02:31 PM.

6. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    I think so. I did Saturday. Sitting down in the driver seat, I could touch the bottom of the bridge though.
    Thanks Tom. I've been thinking about going down there for a few days as soon as the weather breaks some. I like to fish there when the water is high in the spring. Probably a waste of time the way this spring has sucked so badly.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

I answered my own question yesterday.....should have stayed at home. Water was murky everywhere...not awful though. 52-54 degrees.
    At least we had 1987....

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by billius View Post
    Thanks Tom. I've been thinking about going down there for a few days as soon as the weather breaks some. I like to fish there when the water is high in the spring. Probably a waste of time the way this spring has sucked so badly.
    Bill I typically Fish up there a couple times a week. The lake is gettin ready to catch fire. It hasn’t yet, but it’s close. We won our little club tournament last Saturday with 3 that weighed 12.5. The fish that are up are good Fish.

That lake is just different then most. They just don’t have a mass move up in those shallow bushes until it’s baby making time. I’m convinced most are just fishing on top of the fish now, even though the lake looks like every Fish in the lake should be up in the bushes. When they move though they’ll be tons of them up there and we’ll all be sitting there wondering where those all were two weeks ago.

I think we need about another week or so and then we’ll really start seeing them push up in there.
    Last edited by catch5; 04-19-2018 at 11:52 AM.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    Bill I typically Fish up there a couple times a week. The lake is gettin ready to catch fire. It hasn’t yet, but it’s close. We won our little club tournament last Saturday with 3 that weighed 12.5. The fish that are up are good Fish.

That lake is just different then most. They just don’t have a mass move up in those shallow bushes until it’s baby making time. I’m convinced most are just fishing on top of the fish now, even though the lake looks every Fish in the lake should be up in the bushes. When they move though they’ll be tons of them up there and we’ll all be sitting there wondering where those all were two weeks ago.

I think we need about another week or so and then we’ll really start seeing them push up in there.
    I agree, Saturday was rough for me and my fish either weren't there or I wasn't holding my mouth right but one thing I did notice in a couple of the places I fished was an abundance of bait fish backed out off the points in deeper water and they had some good fish mixed in with them , I gave them a try but came up short. It will all come together soon................and I hope real soon!