Thread: Bad Trim Motor

Bad Trim Motor

SN 1B473522
    Think my trim motor is shot as I got to the lake today and pulled the transom saver then the trim wouldn't work. I tested the motor based off what I found in a post by unhooking the bullet connectors and testing them to the + and - of a 12v source. Later I had the idea to tap the motor and it worked again. Problem solved I am headed to the lake. Just kidding...

Is the part number I need 878265A4? Anything I need to know for the replacement or other parts necessary?

Thanks for the help!

Anthony

2. Member
    Part number appears correct although the updated number is 8M0031551 I believe. I just raised the motor, pinned it with the factory safety latch, and swapped it out on my 2007. Honestly I think the hardest part was rethreading the wire harness through the grommet in the adapter plate.

3. Member
    I just did mine, pretty simple as stated above. I actually removed the lower cowling to have easier access to the run the wires

4. Member
    Just talked to Rhonda and new motor is on the way! Don and Rhonda at European Marine are the best! Thank you for all that you do on the forum!!