Fishing in Aquia tomorrow

I have the opportunity to get out and fish Wednesday, I see all the Potomac gauges are sky high. Would it be worth driving down to fish Aquia?

2. Member
    Will be better than Thursday. Gale warning in effect for Thursday. All the BFL guys need to be careful and consider just waiting it out till Friday.
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by potomacbassin View Post
    Will be better than Thursday. Gale warning in effect for Thursday. All the BFL guys need to be careful and consider just waiting it out till Friday.
    Friday still smallcraft warning 25+ Friday
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

4. Member
    I dont see that. I see till late Thursday. Regardless there will be a warning eventually.

5. Member
    According to the weather Friday will still be over 15 mph. Take what the weather says, add 10 mph, and that's what you're gonna get. Seriously.

6. Member
    LoL. So true 100% of the time.

Anyway, didn't wait for an answer. great day on the water, found a few fish and the weather was really good.
    Most excitement of the day came when I hooked what had to be a 40+ inch carp in the dorsal with a crankbait, I got it back with bent hooks. This was after it pulled my ranger all over the place for 15min.

Never left the creek, water was dirty but had about 10in of clarity. I was sitting in traffic over on the 270 spur and the river north of there was wicked high. While sitting there, I literally saw 2 entire trees rolling down through what is normally bare rocks. On that note, does the tide affect how quickly that huge amount of water gets down stream?

8. Member
    23+ lbs won the Wed. nighter on the river

9. Member
    I fought through the traffic and made it to the river just before the front came through and the weatherman was not wrong. It was brutal out there. I did not run the main river at all and the creek I was in was not fishable. I hope it calms down more than what they're calling for. I'll be bouncing ramps tomorrow.