Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

KY Lake dink fest

Fished everything today from Higgins Bay to Ginger Bay and only 3 dinks to show for it.....by the looks of the other 1000 boats on every point I wasn’t the only one struggling......where’s the biggins’ at?

2. Member
    I'd probably look where the other 1000 boats ain't.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman76 View Post
    I'd probably look where the other 1000 boats ain't.
    Lol good one.....I tried trust me......been awhile since I been down that way.....if it’s that bad on a Tuesday I can’t imagine what a weekend looks like

4. Member
    Warm weather brought em out. Saw 2 tournaments out of Ken lake today. Illinois and ohio. Couldn't even park so crowded.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Most of the good ones that moved up early have already been caught and moved this spring to KY Damn, Moors, Kenlake or Paris. The rest are about to move in and be caught and moved just the same. Then the only thing left will be 8-12" bass, which are too young to spawn.

BTW, If I was trying to damage the bass population to the maximum extent possible, what we are doing is perfect. When the bass population is super stressed (carp, lack of bait, weather, no grass), hammer down with as many tournaments as humanly possible!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pbird View Post
    Most of the good ones that moved up early have already been caught and moved this spring to KY Damn, Moors, Kenlake or Paris. The rest are about to move in and be caught and moved just the same. Then the only thing left will be 8-12" bass, which are too young to spawn.

BTW, If I was trying to damage the bass population to the maximum extent possible, what we are doing is perfect. When the bass population is super stressed (carp, lack of bait, weather, no grass), hammer down with as many tournaments as humanly possible!
    Good info....and I agree 100% with the 2nd paragraph

7. Banned
    We need to grow the sport.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Paduke View Post
    We need to grow the sport.
    Says the lure and boat manufacturers.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KJW83 View Post
    Good info....and I agree 100% with the 2nd paragraph
    Agree 100%

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmagic60 View Post
    Right. Lol. Lakes are getting so stupid crowded now it’s taking the fun out of it some.

11. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    All the 100lb Asian carp ate 'em all.......

Quote Originally Posted by KJW83 View Post
    Fished everything today from Higgins Bay to Ginger Bay and only 3 dinks to show for it.....by the looks of the other 1000 boats on every point I wasn’t the only one struggling......where’s the biggins’ at?

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

12. Member
    3 dinks is a dink fest?

Sam Lashlee posted he had 30 lbs today.
    Last edited by Z20basser; 04-18-2018 at 07:51 PM.

13. bullyfish
    I had a great day yesterday

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Z20basser View Post
    3 dinks is a dink fest?

Sam Lashlee posted he had 30 lbs today.
    3 dinks in almost 5 hours is a dink fest in my eyes.....never got a solid bite......I’m happy for Sam lashlee.......with his knowledge of the lake and ability to go more than most people I’d hope 30lbs is a common thing

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pbird View Post

All lakes have cycles up and down. Just give it time and Mother Nature will work it out. If your thoughts about fish being taken to the Moore’s or Ken Lake we’re accurate, then the New Johnsonville area would be a barren wasteland by now, but it continues to kick out winning sacks every year. Now I’m not saying the fishing pressure isn’t a pain to deal with, but tournament bass fishing is not killing the lake.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dabassking View Post
    All lakes have cycles up and down. Just give it time and Mother Nature will work it out. If your thoughts about fish being taken to the Moore’s or Ken Lake we’re accurate, then the New Johnsonville area would be a barren wasteland by now, but it continues to kick out winning sacks every year. Now I’m not saying the fishing pressure isn’t a pain to deal with, but tournament bass fishing is not killing the lake.
    It certainly isn't helping matters,50+mile transplants from different environments can't be a good thing???

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 597fitter View Post
    It certainly isn't helping matters,50+mile transplants from different environments can't be a good thing???
    Throwing a lit match into a burning forest fire definitely isn’t helping, but it probably isn’t making anything worse either.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmagic60 View Post
    Maybe we need a good recession, $5 gas, and tightening of terms on these crazy boat loans to clear the lake out ... only the strongest will survive!

19. BBC SPONSOR
    Maybe we need a good recession, $5 gas, and tightening of terms on these crazy boat loans to clear the lake out ... only the strongest will survive!
    $5 gas would do it and might be the only hope.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    Warm weather brought em out. Saw 2 tournaments out of Ken lake today. Illinois and ohio. Couldn't even park so crowded.
    Ken Lake has been like that all week!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast