Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    Hod, mud, Bondo.
    Got it!! Thank you sir! Always learning.

Yes sir...bondo will absorb water but when undercoated with an epoxy to block moisture from behind and then top coated with a good enamel or lacquer it should be fine above the waterline for small nonstructural repairs. That said... I use the word "bondo" but in reality it's not the best body filler for marine applications. Their is a product by Evercoat for tin applications. It's a filler that works better in wet environments above the waterline. It contains a zinc type promoter that helps with adhesion and also helps keep moisture out. A proper undercoat and a good top coat are still essential.

I've also read about an epoxy type body filler that goes on like bondo but is extremely water resistant...not sure of the name and I have no personal experience with this type of bondo but I read that it works good.

Thanks again for answering my question.
    Last edited by Original Tin; 04-21-2018 at 04:55 PM.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    My cousin's wife ran to the front of his 20 ft. Crownline to stop it from hitting the front of his boat slip. Mashed her thumb, 2-3 operations, 20 years ago. Still has pain and isn't flexable.
    Man that's horrible!!! Very sorry to hear about her injury...prayers she makes a full recovery.

Guys... SLOW DOWN. Be careful out there...it aint worth losing a thumb over...it's just a boat!!!

3. Banned
    I've edited my OP about loading a boat in wind and added some important safety info...

NEVER use your hands to try and stop your boat...use a proper boat pole hook like this one...

https://www.amazon.com/Garelick-Eez-Premium-Telescoping-Boat/dp/B01K2OTP36

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Original Tin; 04-21-2018 at 02:10 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123