Champion bass boat

I just bought an 18 foot 1992 champion SRC elite bass boat and it doesn’t have an owners manual. I was wondering if anyone had one on a PDF file that they could share with me. I’m new to boats and I don’t want to take it out blindfolded. Than you.

2. Member
    might post this in Champion forum
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

Welcome aboard!
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

Quote Originally Posted by Scott4721 View Post
    I just bought an 18 foot 1992 champion SRC elite bass boat and it doesn’t have an owners manual. I was wondering if anyone had one on a PDF file that they could share with me. I’m new to boats and I don’t want to take it out blindfolded. Than you.
    Congratulations! Check out the Champion board. Lea and crew will point you in the right direction.

5. Member
    Welcome to the party. As stated above, lots of good folks on here.

6. Member
    Don't worry about the owners manual, you aren't missing much.
    Just post any questions here or on the Champion forum and we will take care of you.
    BTW, There are no dumb questions.
    You Don't Know what you Don't Know until you Know.

1984 Champion 201/Yamaha 175
    1986 Ranger 390v/Yamaha 200
    2002 Viper Cobra Coosa 216/Mercury 225EFI
    2002 ProSports ProKat 2200/Twin Yamaha 150HPDIs

7. Member
    Thanks. I know nothing about boats but I’m learning quick. I have little engine knowledge. It’s got merk 150 xr6 that I’ve carefully pulled all 3 carbs off tor them down cleaned them reassembled put back on and with fingers crossed and ass cheeks puckered. It fired up and ran smooth. Boat wasn’t very well maintained. I’ve had the boat for 2 week but because I’m putting my kids in it I’m going through it with a fine tooth comb. All I have to do now is figure out the trolling motor and foot control to adjust it so the pedal and the directional arrow line up. I’ve got that torn apart and fix the speed control. Hopefully cleaning the contacts will take care of that. And change the gasket on the lower end fill screw because that’s leaking. Any other sujestions on what else I should do.

8. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    If you want one I have one as LostTexan said it may not be all that to some people but the wiring diagrams in the back of the manual help a lot when troubleshooting. I just need your email addy to send it to you. You can PM me if you don't want your addy publicized.

9. Member
    I replaced the water pump on my 150 2 stroke meckuty. Now it won’t go into forward or revers. It just revs up

10. Member
    When you in stall the lower unit back on you didn't make the shift shaft connection . Pull it back off just enough to get the shift shaft started then shove it back up. Should be good .

11. Member
    Thank you so much. I had to put vice grips on the backside of the lower unit to hold the shift shift down so it wouldn’t push up in when I was trying to align it.

12. Member
    I have fished one for several years. They are good boats. I am thinking about trading it though for a metal boat because of its age and I need something lighter to launch and tow. I might have the old manual somewhere. If I can find it, you can have it.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.