Newb says hi. And, couple of research questions

Thanks in advance for welcoming me to this group. My history is river boats, drift boats, inflatables, etc.. Never owned a powered fishing boat before. But, we found ourselves needing some space for dogs, wife and myself. Bought a well kept 1981 Glastron HPV-165 fitted with a 115 Hp Johnson engine.

Looking for guidance and suggestions for: engine maintenance, detailed inspection areas (again overall this boat is very well kept), and how to's. I am very much looking for some wiring diagrams. I want to verify functionality and connections. Lord knows after this much time, someone has changed things.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Go to the novice boaters forum just down this same page. Most any general question you might have has been answered on there. And welcome to the looony bin.

3. Member
    Welcome aboard. That's a Mercury BTW...

Welcome

5. Member
    Welcome aboard! Nice boat!

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Welcome!

Welcome aboard!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

8. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    I doubt your going to find a diagram that is current on that boat, or at least at current status.

I would trace the wires and rerun them one at a time as you feel the need. First make sure that everything is working or not and go from their.

For the Engine looks like a carb engine very dependable, Good gas, change/check plugs and have a mechanic check it all out and change the impeller, If its not running right have it checked out, Don't run it hard hoping to blow it out.

First thing I would do is buy dual 14 ft Talons, 4 12 inch graphs, Fortrex trolling motor, Hydraulic JP. and all the led you can find. Then have all the items monogrammed into a Jersey for the Ramp and chicks!!

Just joking on the Talons!!
    Last edited by Hickory Legend; 04-18-2018 at 08:38 AM.

9. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Very nice boat enjoy!!!!

Welcome aboard !!!!

10. Member
    Dual console and the top give protection for the family. An outboard requires bi-yearly water pump impeller check/change generally. We also change the lubricant in the lower unit once a year. These two measures can prevent a lot of trouble. Get a book on the motor, make sure you use the right two-stroke oil. Since it's a pretty old boat you might need to change the fuel lines because ethanol will dissolve early lines over time.
    Put the drain plug in.

11. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Nice looking boat, but as stated above that's a Mercury not a Johnson. We do have motor forums further down on the main forums plenty of good info there. Welcome aboard!

A must------- A BBC Jersey with your name monogramed above the sunglasses keeper, all your sponsor patches and wearing it everywhere is a BBC must.

Wecome aboard

13. Member
    Thanks guys. Johnson vs Mercury ==> Yup reading has never been one of my strong suits. At least I proved being a complete dolt and newb, right out of the chute. Spent the weekend on a buffer, cleaning, polishing and smoothing the glass. Next task is to recarpet all the platforms. Lot more upkeep on this than my Clacka drift boat.
    New to me: 1981 Glastron HPV 165 w/ 110 Hp Mercury Outboard

Mischievous
    So. Utah

Welcome aboard