Thread: Trim question

Trim question

Noticed on my gauge that my motor only trims up half way and that is it. Therefore I’m not getting my max rpms or the lift in the front end I want. Out of the water she goes all the way up fine. Low on fluid? Won’t go up over half way while running under preasure

2. Member
    mabe low on fluid ,gage mabe wrong ,limits on most all newer merc engine are pressure activated through check valves in system, what mtr ya got???
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    08 150 optimax

4. Member
    check for full exstension of angled trim rams at full trim,limit is check valve controlled
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    Checked everything, fluids also. Had a small air purge when I took cap off. Is that normal? Gauge I would say is right or close. When she quits trimming motor is setting just a little over level and nose barely in the air. I’ve tried different props even smaller pitch, rpms stay the same on the big end.

6. Member
    check fluid at full tilt all the way up