Legend V20 Rear Compartment Question

The lip on the rear compartment to the bilge area accumulates water in the half moon shaped area directly in front of the motor. Water is from back splash, rain or whatever. The compartment has drain holes with hoses to the bilge on the sides but none in the area mentioned. Every time I open the lids the carpet is wet and getting some mildew. Have any of you drilled holes to add a fitting and hose to this area? Any idea where I can get fittings like Legend used in other areas? I could just drill holes but then it drains directly onto the battery charger directly below it. Thanks.

2. Legend Boats Moderator
    I just leave the lids open and towel dry the channel that’s catching water. It gets full of water after every trip

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassm1n View Post
    The lip on the rear compartment to the bilge area accumulates water in the half moon shaped area directly in front of the motor. Water is from back splash, rain or whatever. The compartment has drain holes with hoses to the bilge on the sides but none in the area mentioned. Every time I open the lids the carpet is wet and getting some mildew. Have any of you drilled holes to add a fitting and hose to this area? Any idea where I can get fittings like Legend used in other areas? I could just drill holes but then it drains directly onto the battery charger directly below it. Thanks.
    My ChampioN had a water relief hole in the area you are having issues. I would try calling Legend first and ask where they get their fittings. If that doesn't pan out, make your own.

4. Member
    My V21 has the same issue, I use to leave the 2 rear deck lids open and let the carpet on the edge of the doors dry. Don't bother anymore, it's a boat and it gets wet

5. Member
    Guess I'm too picky at times. Thanks.

6. Member
    Mine pools the same way. I leave the lids up.. I did speak with Pete at Legend and he saw no reason why a small drain hole couldn't be drilled there to relieve the water. I would seal with a marine silicone in the drilled area for sure.

7. Member
    Been trying to find a fitting for it local. May need to call Pete to see where I can find one.