Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Labeling # Test on Pole

All,

I have tried several different ways to label my rod with what # test line is on the reel but cannot find the perfect solution. First, I tried the stickers and they ended up fading out or coming off after getting wet. Secondly, I tried Scotch blue tape and writing on the # test on the tape and when it was spooled but had the same problem as the stickers. The thing I am looking at now are the rod band made by Sunline that has the # test printed on the band. Because I have way to many rods, that will be at least a $250 investment to put them on all my rods and seems to expensive.

What have you all found that works best to label your rod/reel with # test line and spool date if possible? Appreciate the help!
    2016 Legend V20
    Mercury Pro XS 250
    Lowrance HDS Touch 12's on Precision Sonar Dual Mounting System
    Twin 8' Blades
    NightFishion Extreme Rub Rail System

2. Member
    I am going to give these a shot. Just picked them up today from W-Mart. Cheaper than they are in the link.
    https://www.amazon.com/Avery-No-Iron...+fabric+labels

3. Member
    No matter what method that you use, may I suggest that you put a piece of Scotch tape over the top, all of the way around.

I label my golf shafts this way. Even after being laid onto the wet turf, the tape holds up for about a year. I take a lot of strokes.

Quote Originally Posted by WIGrizzly View Post
    I am going to give these a shot. Just picked them up today from W-Mart. Cheaper than they are in the link.
    https://www.amazon.com/Avery-No-Iron...+fabric+labels
    Great idea!! Thanks for the help
    2016 Legend V20
    Mercury Pro XS 250
    Twin 8' Blades

Quote Originally Posted by richg99 View Post
    No matter what method that you use, may I suggest that you put a piece of Scotch tape over the top, all of the way around.

I label my golf shafts this way. Even after being laid onto the wet turf, the tape holds up for about a year. I take a lot of strokes.
    Really good idea as well, THANKS!
    2016 Legend V20
    Mercury Pro XS 250
    Twin 8' Blades

6. Member
    Clear packaging tape works great! You can put it over black marker and nothing fades or comes off. After I label my terminal tackle boxes with a p-touch, I clear coat it with tape, no issues now for 2 seasons

7. Member
    I have some kind of almost vinyl yellow tape here from work that i use. Seems to not fade on there for atleast few months. I would imagine duct tape would be similar
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

8. Member
    I use a label maker and just print out the size and and sometimes the type of line in small print, I then trim the label so that it fits somewhere on the reel typical in the front of the real behind the reel handle. works very well

Attached Images Attached Images
    2020 BassChamps Central Lake Belton 1st - Feb 2
    2019 Media Bass Individual Champion - Richland Chambers Sep 7-8
    2019 CAST Champions - Sam Rayburn Oct 19-20
    2011 BassChamps East Region Champions-Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2

2020 Bullet 21XRS 2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke
    Texas Realtor
    Helping Texans buy and Sell their Homes

I don't have a picture but I bought some of the plastic garden tags/labels (100 for $4.50 on amazon) and I zip tied them to my rod socks on the reel end. You can use a sharpie to write what you want. Rubbing alcohol will remove it if you need/want to change or I use a label maker and print out my info and stick it to the plastic.
    2001 Triton TR176DC, Mercury 125hp, Lowrance HDS9 gen3 & HDS7 gen2

Picked up some different small colored sticky "dots" at Office Depot. They're small enough to stick on the side of the Reel or on the handle. White- 8# Red-10# Blue-12# Green-15# Quick and easy to tell !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

I use a Brother label maker. They stick so good you have to work a little to get them off.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

12. mikesxpress
    White electrical tape and black Sharpie wrapped around the rod.

13. Member
    I use a metallic permanent marker or etch in a number on each reel. (I.e. 01 - 50)

Then I keep a sheet of paper with each reel number on, and I have dates of every line change, and what line I last put on it. I might transfer that to my phone this year, so I have that info with me, wherever I go.

I fish enough with certain rods to know exactly what’s on them. Some of the lesser used rods, I have a good idea by looking at the line, but double checking the sheet confirms what line it is. This is also helpful in tracking line changes and how much line I’m going through, so I can order proper amounts in bulk for following year.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RAYNESTORM View Post
    I use a metallic permanent marker or etch in a number on each reel. (I.e. 01 - 50)

Then I keep a sheet of paper with each reel number on, and I have dates of every line change, and what line I last put on it. I might transfer that to my phone this year, so I have that info with me, wherever I go.

I fish enough with certain rods to know exactly what’s on them. Some of the lesser used rods, I have a good idea by looking at the line, but double checking the sheet confirms what line it is. This is also helpful in tracking line changes and how much line I’m going through, so I can order proper amounts in bulk for following year.
    Isn't there a phone app that would keep track of rods/reels/line weight/date changed and lure inventory and stuff? If not, there should be.. Hrmmm... Maybe I'll write one for Android. LOL

15. Member
    Electricians have a small pad of numbers with sticky back to identify pairs of wires when reassembling. Whole pad is about the size of a cell phone and has numbers from 1 thru 20 or 30. Cut one number off and it's about 3/8 " square and will fit easily on some out of the way place on the reel or rod.

Is it wrong that I use a Sharpie and just write the information on the reel? If the information changes, nail polish remover takes the old Sharpie off.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by FES313 View Post
    Is it wrong that I use a Sharpie and just write the information on the reel? If the information changes, nail polish remover takes the old Sharpie off.
    Works for me too, simple is the way to go sometimes.
    Triton Tr17, Yamaha 130
    Lund Pro V 1900, Optimax 200
    Smokercraft Pro Mag 182, Suzuki DF140
    Helix 9si, 10si mega
    Minnkota Talon, Terrova

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FES313 View Post
    What I do also.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post

I use a Brother label maker. They stick so good you have to work a little to get them off.
    I cant believe you posted a photo of that color worm..

Quote Originally Posted by brushsjigs View Post
    I cant believe you posted a photo of that color worm..
    Why is that?
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast