2+4 fuel conditioner ??

My boat motor ( 08 225 HO E Tec ) is 10 yrs old and I don't think Ive ever ran an ounce of gas threw it that wasn't treated with 2+4 fuel conditioner and you know what they say , if it aint broke , don't fix it . But , 2+4 is getting hard for me to find and I'm going on a 9 day fishing trip to Toledo Bend this Friday and I only have a couple of bottles . I could drive all the way across town and pay $11.00 an 8 ounce bottle , or I could just use what I have and then start treating with sea foam like I did for years before I bought this motor , or ........... I could just use what I have until its gone and don't worry about treating any gas ? I know none of the gas I put in it will be there but just a couple of day . What do you smart ppl think ?
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team
    If you aint first , your last !!!
    All fat girls welcomed !!!!!

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Don’t know about the smart people, but gas that you’ll go through in a couple of days probably does not need conditioner. And if guys running that same engine for years and years with zero conditioner are doing fine (they are), your motor won’t tell the difference in a couple of days.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    my dealer told me to run it the last tank of the season for the left over fuel - he really didn't think i needed to run it during the season. I'm thinking you will be fine.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

Thanks guys
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team
    If you aint first , your last !!!
    All fat girls welcomed !!!!!

DO NOT USE SEAFOAM in these direct injection motors!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

You can use Startron if you cannot get 2+4.
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2