PS31 on own mount

Would like to hear from those wo have heir panoptix mounted on a separate mount, something like the da-ducer or z-bait. I have been thinking of doing this but want to hear from those who have, and get their feedback. Do you think it is worth doing? Does it or has it helped find/ stay on the fish? It seems to me a pain to keep turning the trolling motor off to pan the ps31 looking or fish, then start up again go about 50 or so feet and repeating. Or do yall find a better solution?

2. Member
    I had on my own homemade mount at first. But it was just as easy to use trolling motor for me. I run a small 16' Lund w/20HP tiller control. When scouting for pods of fish. I use my PS 30 and my PS 21 on a custom screen. I don't use the trolling motor to power boat. I just deploy it and use the 20 for about 3-4 mph scout run as I call it.

I just hope I don't run over something. As I get so intent on watching screen. I get almost as much satisfaction as finding them as catching them. My favorite method is to run down a shoreline. PS 21 pointed towards shore and PS 30 reading straight down of course. Set of docks I like to read same way.One marina I fish has docks on opposite shores in narrow bay. Get to check whole bay in less than 10 minutes.

Open water I like to run a contour line like an invisible shoreline. For example run a 20'contour line searching for shallower fish. Whatever depth I see the most fish at. I shut down the 20 HP and use the follow the contour feature with the I-link. If concentrated in one spot I use the spot lock or anchor.

This way I almost never have to move direction of the 21. Easier to control and more exact by setting by hand . Using the way I do . I have to move directional sight of PS 21 very little.

Just remember to pick trolling motor up before racing down to some other spot.
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig

3. Member
    Have a PS-31 mounted on a da-ducer stick. Been very pleased with it. The shaft cylindrical design, instead of square. Holds the 31 very solid when moving up to 5 mph. Locks into position when it is rotated.

What I like about it is its beefy deploys like a trolling motor. Hope this helps

https://www.podunkideas.com/da-ducer-apparatusreg.html

4. Member
    I too have a ps 31 on da ducer. Works well

5. Member
    Thanks for the replies. I am trying t figure out a home made rig, wish me luck