Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Really loving my FX20

Now that I have had it about 6 months I feel like I have enough time in it to truly call it a great boat. I spent ant 4 years away from the Skeeter brand just because I found a Ranger that I really liked. It by far ended up being a great boat as well. I was not really looking for a new boat but I came across this one at a smoking deal. Still had a ton of warranty too and I loved the colors. Sold mine and bought it and have been really blown away by the fit and finish as well as performance. My boat is almost flawless in regards to wiring and fit and finish. Have crawled all through it and around it with zero complaints. Clean rigging and quality parts.

Every little thing I complained about on my previous ZX boats and iClass was addressed in the newer models. Old rod straps sucked, the new ones are some of the best on the market to me, the older collers sucked, now mine hold ice as long as my Ranger did. It will keep ice for days sometimes, the plastic trim, bow panels etc sucked on older ones, the new new aluminum trim pieces rock. I also love the seats and layout of my FX a lot too. My FX trailer is top notch too though so was my iClass trailer.

The boat is a blast to drive but like all previous Skeeters it just is made to fish from. You can tell an angler designed the layout. Just comfortable with trolling motor down and laid out perfectly for me. Above average performance and I hear so many say the iClass rode better but I don't see that at all. While my iClass was great in the rough stuff as well as ride in general I feel like my FX is every bit as good if not better. Last couple of weeks it has been in some rough water and it did great. Very easy to drive and run the rough stuff. Extremely dry ride too.

Lats but not least is the SHO. Not sure why I waited so long to get one but this thing is simply a beast. Sips fuel but is strong as can be. Love every single thing about it. Strong, reliable and simple to operate. Not a single complaint at all.

Looking back I was nervous getting rid of a boat I truly loved and knew inside out but this FX has really won me over. Glad I made the switch.

2. Member
    Only people with an Iclass model Skeeters that don't own the newer ZX/FX boats say the rough water ride is better. I didn't find that true either.

3. Member
    That's awesome to hear! What year is yours? I'm starting the process of hunting down my first skeeter hope to have the perfect boat found by next spring.

4. Member
    not sure what year boat you have, and it is nice, but is has the EXACT same layout as my '09 iclass.
    the ride from the iclass comes from the seats in my opinion as much as it did from the deep V of the hull.
    I think the livewells are a bit smaller on the FX but not terribly sure.
    I do agree about the SHO being at the head of the class. the speed is very much the same of an iclass if everything is set up similar as well.
    i'm glad you enjoy your boat and she is very nice but I don't think it is head and shoulders above my 'ol girl at all.
    I hope you enjoy it immensely.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    Only people with an Iclass model Skeeters that don't own the newer ZX/FX boats say the rough water ride is better. I didn't find that true either.
    Owned a 07 20i drove a 08 21i and now own a 15 Zx225. Give me the I class.

Quote Originally Posted by bwp777 View Post
    not sure what year boat you have, and it is nice, but is has the EXACT same layout as my '09 iclass.
    the ride from the iclass comes from the seats in my opinion as much as it did from the deep V of the hull.
    I think the livewells are a bit smaller on the FX but not terribly sure.
    I do agree about the SHO being at the head of the class. the speed is very much the same of an iclass if everything is set up similar as well.
    i'm glad you enjoy your boat and she is very nice but I don't think it is head and shoulders above my 'ol girl at all.
    I hope you enjoy it immensely.
    My comments are not meant to disparage anyone's boat or say that mine is any better. I am just saying with me driving/owning ZX, iClass and now FX models that I have owned that I would choose what I own now from them all with no question. All were great boats but for me I will take my FX. Not because is newer or anything like that. Just saying its much improved in my eyes over what I owned from Skeeter before(have been, still am and always will be a HUGE Skeeter fan so its not a bash).Not saying its the best boat in the world, just saying it fits me best. I am including the much improved components in layout comments as well. I love the aluminum instead of plastic especially in regards to the trim pieces. Seats are a LOT better now as well to me.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 04-17-2018 at 04:52 PM.

Didn’t hurt my feelings one bit! Just makes me jealous I don’t have one! Nice boat!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

8. Banned
    glad to hear it!! Sound like skeeter is finally getting it right! My 2012 fx took a lot of TLC and $$ to finally run and look as it should.
    Nice ride Mark!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
    glad to hear it!! Sound like skeeter is finally getting it right! My 2012 fx took a lot of TLC and $$ to finally run and look as it should.
    Nice ride Mark!
    Rich you can buy my Fx 20!!

Thanks......appreciate the replies. Love the colors. It gets a ton of compliments. I have a black truck so the black combo looks great to me.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiner View Post
    Rich you can buy my Fx 20!!
    Nah, yours has a ding in it.

12. Member
    different boats for different folks!! I get it.
    you didn't hurt my feels, i'm stayin w/ the iclass as long as possible.

13. Member
    I had the first year model FX21 with the SHO. I hated it for 2 reasons. First and foremost the fit and finish on the first year was atrocious. I got a great deal on it from the FOM, so I can't complain about that. I have seen the latest versions at the boatshows and road in a demo before I bought my 2017 Triton. I can say I was hugely impressed with the new models fit and finish and wish I would have just waited. Its a great boat now. The SHO is my favorite motor so far. I've had the Verado, SHO and now a ProXS and I miss the SHO, but my issue with switching is that until very recently, the nearest Skeeter dealer near me was 220 miles. The one issue I had with the FX21 was that bow slap in turns with a heavy load meant alot of trimming down. My TRX21 can flat out carve a 90 under heavy throttle and I have no need to trim. I pay for thate engineering compromise I guess with Chine walking. I NEVER had chine walking in the skeeter fx21. at WOT it was stable and straight, just don't try to carve turns :) I think they had a hull weight balance problem that they have hopefully resolved?????
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

14. Member
    That's all in the past, my ZX250 carves the water and rides like its on rails in the turns. Also no hint of chin walk at all.

15. Member
    The new seats are WAY better. I rode with a guide with a fx and those seats were super comfortable compared to earlier model skeeters.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire View Post
    I had the first year model FX21 with the SHO. I hated it for 2 reasons. First and foremost the fit and finish on the first year was atrocious. I got a great deal on it from the FOM, so I can't complain about that. I have seen the latest versions at the boatshows and road in a demo before I bought my 2017 Triton. I can say I was hugely impressed with the new models fit and finish and wish I would have just waited. Its a great boat now. The SHO is my favorite motor so far. I've had the Verado, SHO and now a ProXS and I miss the SHO, but my issue with switching is that until very recently, the nearest Skeeter dealer near me was 220 miles. The one issue I had with the FX21 was that bow slap in turns with a heavy load meant alot of trimming down. My TRX21 can flat out carve a 90 under heavy throttle and I have no need to trim. I pay for thate engineering compromise I guess with Chine walking. I NEVER had chine walking in the skeeter fx21. at WOT it was stable and straight, just don't try to carve turns :) I think they had a hull weight balance problem that they have hopefully resolved?????
    Mine seems to slice through waves etc very smoothly. I realized the other day as I was running in some rougher water that I had been driving with one hand. Never had an issue. I had grabbed a bottle of water to take a drink as I idled out of a cove and never sat it down. Drove a good ways with ease with one hand in it.
    To me it just feels like it cuts through the water better than my 20i did. For sure way better than my ZX models.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Mine seems to slice through waves etc very smoothly. I realized the other day as I was running in some rougher water that I had been driving with one hand. Never had an issue. I had grabbed a bottle of water to take a drink as I idled out of a cove and never sat it down. Drove a good ways with ease with one hand in it.
    To me it just feels like it cuts through the water better than my 20i did. For sure way better than my ZX models.

The new ZX models are a lot different then the older ZX. I have been in both new ZX and FX and there is little to any difference except the price tag for the upgrades. I just did all the upgrades I wanted and saved $$

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I agree with this. The big difference for me is when it gets real rough.

19. Moderator
    Nice looking bug

Nice ride......What lake is this picture taken on?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast