Legend LE vs Alpha

Looking at picking up a boat
    05 LE21 or 07 Alpha 199 Both have 225 Pros
    Wondering what the differences are between the two aside from the extra foot?
    pros cons of either? is one wider than the other?
    thanks in advance

2. Banned
    Alpha is an improved LE, some of the early LE models had wood in the transom but the later ones did not. I would not hesitate in buying a 2006 or later LE over an alpha in the same condition if the price was better on the LE. That '05 may or may not have wood in it. The deck layout and interior of the early LE models 2003, 2004 look almost exactly like a Hawk but a 2008, 2009 LE interior and fit and finish looks like an Alpha.

3. Member
    Alpha is a slightly drier ride.

LE21 will fish a lot bigger than a 199. May be a touch under powered with 225. Alphas have a lot more fit/finish upgrades where LEs are more on par with other brands in the time period (still very nice boats). Been a while since i've been in a 21, but i have a 199 now and thats how i remember it anyway ;) ran a le21 with a 250 merc racing at 80mph, they are nice boats.

5. Member
    Well I found an alpha 211 I'm interested in
    Wondering if anybody has any deck measurements from one? It is a 2012 model not sure if it matter? I've heard the later models are wider in the front

6. Banned
    211R had a larger deck maybe, the R stood for raised?, deck was higher, but less gunnels then, more deck surface area I think.

R = raised deck = less gunnel height. I think they tweaked the pad or chines on the hull a tiny bit but other than that i believe they are the same

8. Member
    Anybody have an alpha 211 willing to run a tape measure across is?
    Gunnel to gunnel in front console
    And again at the seat pedestal
    Plz thank you

9. Member
    2013 211R 59.5" at front pedestal hole, 72.25" in front of consoles, 79" at back pedestal hole. These are actual fla deck measurements.

10. Member
    Thanks Mike
    I actually bought a 2012 211 and so far I love it
    Not really fair comparison but coming from my Nitro to the Alpha it is amazing how much nicer the boat rides in rough water (not that it has been what I would consider bad in the last few wks but boat traffic and wind from this weekend would have been rough in the old boat lol)
    It does look the 211R does gain a bit in Deck width mostly in the rear, probably due to bring the height up and the gunnels being sloped
    My 211 carpet width Front pedestal 58", Front of Console 72", Rear Pedestal 77"
    It isn't much but the 2" is noticeable between boats the LE21 is 69" in front of the console and while I don't think the actual boat is much different, the gunnels are noticeably wider like the Skeeters and feels like a fairly narrow fishing platform
    looking at the new Rangers, V series Legends, and the new Nitros the Gunnels are half the width of most other boats out there gaining a ton of actual deck space

11. Member
    I'm still running my 2004 Legend. Starting to see cracks in the gelcoat finish. This boat is 14 years old now and still keeps me dry. since my purchase I have added lots of goodies to include a new Mercury 250 Pro XS, Talon, upgraded to a 112 Fortrex. Yeah I've added some weight but she still purrs like a kitten.

2005 Legend LE-21
    2015 Mercury PRO XS 250
    Hummingbird 1198 SI 998 SI
    Helix 12 DI/GPS Chirp
    Hummingbird 360
    MinnKota 112
    Hydrowave
    MinnKota Talon