Thread: Mcgee Creek

Mcgee Creek

Looking for any tips on mcgee creek. Heading down Sunday morning and staying the week just fun fishing. Never been on it before so any info is appreciated.

2. Member
    I and a friend have been planning a trip down there all month. Weather and one thing after another has delayed it. Plan now is first week in May. Is supposed to be a great lake with big fish. Where are you staying? We are going to stay at Birchfield cabins. A guide we meet in Grove at a tackle show says a swim bait is the way to go, sexy shad.

Chuck Justice always catch the Big Girls there

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmorgan35 View Post
    I and a friend have been planning a trip down there all month. Weather and one thing after another has delayed it. Plan now is first week in May. Is supposed to be a great lake with big fish. Where are you staying? We are going to stay at Birchfield cabins. A guide we meet in Grove at a tackle show says a swim bait is the way to go, sexy shad.
    We are staying at Burchfield cabins also

5. Member
    Good luck. Let me know how you do.

6. Member
    How did you do at Mcgee Creek? We haven't made it down there yet. Hopefully with in a couple weeks.

7. Member
    It was a grind. Lots of little kentuckys but the largemouth didn't want to cooperate. 4lbs was the biggest we caught but not many of them.